C4 Forums | Control4

RTSP Stream to C4?

Niclas

I'm quite liking the Roku solution over the last few days - it is significantly faster to switch than the awful navigator OSD, and obviously can be higher res.  Will see if it's reliable over the longer term, as Hikvision gear can be quite erratic about access/credentials etc.

I have a Hikvision NVR on a matrix, but I can't get it to fire to a full screen display of a specific camera on a button push.  How were you achieving that @eddy.trochez?

38 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

I'm quite liking the Roku solution over the last few days - it is significantly faster to switch than the awful navigator OSD, and obviously can be higher res.  Will see if it's reliable over the longer term, as Hikvision gear can be quite erratic about access/credentials etc.

I have a Hikvision NVR on a matrix, but I can't get it to fire to a full screen display of a specific camera on a button push.  How were you achieving that @eddy.trochez?

Curious if you are running a matrix and from what starting source are you firing the Roku IP cam app test?  I have to agree that the Roku IP Cam app is pretty cool, I can't wait to test it.

Roku Ultra running into a Leaf Matrix.  I use the IP address for the front door Hikvision camera, rather than for the NVR.  Set the app to display the front door camera in full screen immediately on launch (which is a nice update to the app).  It's way faster than waiting for the OSD to think about it.

One small problem - I run the NVR HDMI output to a small monitor in the kitchen which is permanently on.  It's normally set to a 3x3 display for all of the main cameras in the house.  Each one of those squares in the 3x3 display is using the sub stream (which is set to H264, 640x480).  When you click on one of those to go to full screen, it then uses the main stream at 1080.

When you introduce the Roku app into the picture, it 'hijacks' the sub stream and forces it into MJPEG.  The NVR can't recognize MJPEG, so that camera square goes black in 3x3 mode.  If I use 7+1 display mode, and have the front door as the +1 large square, then it uses the main stream again and it will display.

All of this just highlights how woeful the Control4 handling of security cameras is.  I assume that it eventually gets resolved with a new series of more powerful processors, T4 touch screens, C4 Chime etc, but in 2021 you would expect a home automation platform to do a way better job with camera integration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.