C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Full (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

• 2 weeks later...

Will this work with the Matricom G box-Q

Never heard of it.  Though from my quick google search it appears to be an android box.  If you can load Kodi onto it then the answer will be yes though if you want control over the native android OS as well you will need to load LANmote onto it.  This will require root access.  You will need to do further research/testing to ensure it works before hand.  Our driver comes with a trial built in so please test prior to purchase.

What happened to your Youtube videos? I was trying to watch some of the videos that you created.

YouTube suspended our account because someone reported it as inappropriate. Have been trying to get it I suspended but YouTube arnt replying to my emails.

YouTube suspended our account because someone reported it as inappropriate. Have been trying to get it I suspended but YouTube arnt replying to my emails.

Well... they are sexy videos.   ;)

Seriously... how could they have been construed as inappropriate?

Hi guys,

Just released an update to the Kodi Full driver which will allow support PVR

Features:

• Ability to pull channels and artwork from Kodi
  • Ability to playback channel on Navigator selection or programatically
  • Ability to view Guide data for channel
  • Ability to record currently playing channel
  • Ability to start playback of recorded content
  • Ability to view scheduled/current recordings

NOTE:  Due to limitations of Kodi's API we cannot do the following yet (i have submitted requests to get this functionality implemented already).  We will implement these features once Kodi has implemented control over them via its JSON-RPC.

• Delete recordings (need to do this via Kodi's own onscreen controls).
  • Schedule recordings from Guide data (need to do this via Kodi's own onscreen controls).
  • Delete scheduled recordings (need to do this via Kodi's own onscreen controls).
T3%20-%20Channel%20Selection-thumb.png

T3%20-%20Guide-thumb.png

T3%20-%20Now%20Playing%20Info-thumb.png

T3%20-%20Scheduled-thumb.png

T3%20-%20Recordings-thumb.png

T3%20-%20Reocording%20Info-thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just had the Kodi full installed an I am redoing some programming.

However I am stuck at something like:

If current Video device is Kodi then do ABC (so I mean any instance of the Kodi full)

Can that be done?

thx

1 hour ago, blub said:

Hi

I just had the Kodi full installed an I am redoing some programming.

However I am stuck at something like:

If current Video device is Kodi then do ABC (so I mean any instance of the Kodi full)

Can that be done?

thx

You will need to do conditional logic for the main driver and mini drivers for all instances (if you have multiple kodi systems) if you want to cover all your bases.  Will be a bit tedious to do especially if you have to do it for multiple rooms but can definately program against it.

Ok so for main and mini drivers, uh that's what I was afraid of :wacko:

I will try to use a boolean variable and set that true for all Kodi drivers in "video change" section and to false for all other sources. By doing so programming everywhere else can be done using conditionals against that variable  - should save some time

• 2 weeks later...

Installed this driver recently for a customer using a Video-storm Matrix. Install was little intimidating,but i think we have the majority of it under control.

Issue at hand:

currently the customer has a command to bring up an overlay of a camera when the doorbell rings. However control4 assumes you want to exit xmbc when this happens. This causes xmbc to go black, and then he has to go through the process of restarting his movie.

after speaking to Houselogix and Video Storm it should be possible to send a TCP IP command to manually create the overlay for the camera and not close xmbc.

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/generic-tcp-command

looks like the above driver will accomplish this.

currently i am still waiting on video storm to send the exact commands

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.