C4 Forums | Control4

Water Remote Sensor for pool heater

samsong

Hi All,

I want to control my pool heater using the control4 thermostat (old model)

I need some help to get a water remote sensor that could easily be fitted in my PVC piping to give it feedback to my thermostat.

If anyone could advise or suggest a specific brand or model, it would be appreciated.

I dont see anything specific as far as specs go for the remote sensor...

There are tons of sensors out there, just want to get the right one.

Thanks All.

I'd avoid actually putting it in the pipes, use a standard probe sensor and tape it to the pipe using reflective tape topped with a layer of duct tape - that usually gets you within a degree of actual temp - which you can always get calibrated for in the device properties.

I'd avoid actually putting it in the pipes, use a standard probe sensor and tape it to the pipe using reflective tape topped with a layer of duct tape - that usually gets you within a degree of actual temp - which you can always get calibrated for in the device properties.

PS C4 thermostat sensors are based on Aprilaire - so getting a fit from that brand would be best.

I don't know the correct term, but you can get a pipe fitting with a sleeve where the temperature sensor is placed. The sensor remains dry, but I assume is closer to to the actual water flow so likely provides a more accurate reading.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/12/2015 at 10:58 AM, samsong said:

Hi All,

I want to control my pool heater using the control4 thermostat (old model)

I need some help to get a water remote sensor that could easily be fitted in my PVC piping to give it feedback to my thermostat.

If anyone could advise or suggest a specific brand or model, it would be appreciated.

I dont see anything specific as far as specs go for the remote sensor...

There are tons of sensors out there, just want to get the right one.

Thanks All.

What have you done with pump speed control?

Archived