C4 Forums | Control4

10.5" touchscreen upgrade

AJ_

I have an old 10.5" touchscreen collecting dust. I started it up but it will not connect with director (I'm on 2.5.3 right now). I see that an upgrade is available in the Update Manager (2.0.6 terminal) but when I start the update the logs indicate that the download is v2.5.3. 

Before I let it continue, I was wondering if this will mess up the upgrade in any way. Will update manager bring it up to 2.0.6 (or maybe it was 2.2.4) or try to upgrade it to 2.5.3?

I'm not sure if a USB restore is possible, or do I need to use a CF card (read about this on here but still unclear).

Thanks,

AJ 

It looks like I have the v1 touch screen. No buttons on top right. It says that it is connected to my WiFi network. It does show up in Update Manager so the connection is valid.

Looking at the UI, it seems to be 1.7.x or 1.8.x. The message is "Not communicating with Director". Any suggestions on troubleshooting further?

AJ

The IP should NOT be input manually at all - it will have to be identified via UUID for the system to truly properly communicate with it.

Depending on the system version every DRIVER will show in the update manager - or only identified units. Not sure where that got changed, but I think only recently. Even so - if someone put an IP in the system for the device, the system will think it's identified - even if it's the wrong way.

Director is not showing up in the list automatically. I had to manually add it and then it displayed the 'Not communicating' message. I tried to identify the device using the center button (and others) in the direction (circular) button set. No luck. It won't identify.

Worst case, I'll try and upgrade it and if it doesn't work, it will go in the trash or sell for parts on eBay. They seem to be selling for $75 :)

AJ

Archived