C4 Forums | Control4

Collection management driver

South Africa C4 user

As reported in a separate thread, both myself and other users have (sometimes) struggled to rebuild (or build) the movie database using the C4 collection management driver for MyMovies. In my case it would get stuck once at a point that I will identify as BluRay A and then get through this after 20 minutes / half an hour before getting stuck forever at BluRay B. I had tried rebuilding 4 or 5 times over the last few days with the same result every time. Around 20 movies were successful in minutes (1 or 2) before Blu Ray A causes a delay (between 20 minutes and an hour) and another 20 or so worked before Blu Ray B whereafter nothing worked again (overnight gave the driver 10 hours to do something but nothing happened). My conclusion was there is a timeout after 20 seconds and if the information is not copied over by C4 within that period (presumably the frequency of scanning the folder with the movies in it (as sub folders)) then C4 would try again. The problem (as I see it) is that on some systems and for some titles 20 seconds is not enough and an endless loop ensues.

Control4, please investigate. My suggested changes:

1. Change the 20 second timeout to, say, 60 seconds...

2. If the TimeOut happens 10 times on the same title, don't try and add that title again but rather add an icon with the title name and corrupt connection - or something similar - as the icon. This would allow the database build to complete and future titles to always either be added or, at least, not hang everything but alert the user to a problem that a dealer can look at.

• 2 months later...

I reported this to C4 in August and was told it was a known issue with no estimated time for deployment of a fix... I did check this morning to see if the collection management driver had been updated yet and the latest update remains early 2015 so we wait in anticipation of a fix from C4!

• 1 year later...

I do not seem to have this issue.  I also recently added several new BluRay rips like finding dori, etc.

Nevermind, just noticed that I still run the original mymovies driver before they wanted licensed versions, etc.  But I can say the older version doesn't seem to have this issue.

I have a Vidabox running their Drop N Rip version of My Movies. I don't see the advantage of having the latest version if it's not going to work. Any idea on how to roll My Movies back to an older version that works with the driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Yeah... the older versions of MyMovies still work fine.

As a matter of interest, they dropped the licence requirement a few months ago (around version 5.2).

Yup, MyMovies sent us an email.  Glad  they put us through all that rigamarole of signing up to be "authorized dealers" just to make it open again.

But, if it ain't broke, don't fix it certainly applies here.  The only downside of using the older driver is that you don't get the updated cover art images on navigators.  Still uses the older versions.

Archived