C4 Forums | Control4

Apps for T3 Touchscreen

South Africa C4 user

My bet is that apps will go away altogether, in favor of across the board implementation of html5, with navigator becoming more exposed in driverworks. I don't think this is 2.8, but rather 3.0, and likely 2016-17 ish. Again just my thoughts, nothing to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well we got screensavers for the T3 which is a big step forward and I will now buy one more and put one of my older Touchscreens out to pasture... But we really need bookmarks soon (then I will buy another one and junk an old one). But until we get StartHere or equivalent (which lets me control all my Boolean variables - easily with feedback - from aTouchscreen) I will be keeping an old touch screen in one location...

• 1 year later...

As the OP on this thread, I must say that I am very happy with developments at C4 over the last 2 years since I posted originally.  The real break through was the advent of Experience Buttons last year and I am looking forward to seeing what else people like Blackwire, Mitch, Alan and others can do with them!

For when Control4 reads this, bookmarks (or similar) would still be nice to have.  It would be great to programmatically move to a given screen on any navigator.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, Mr. Daniel said:

it only took 4 years but 3.0 supports T3 apps.  there's already a few out there. some are in the Experience drivers (calculator, calendar, draw, etc.) others are available from 3rd Party vendors like BlackWireDesigns. Now i'm curious just how many are out there. Anyone find anything cool they want to share?

Pretty sad not much has been developed especially for the cost of these things

As an installer I'm glad apps haven't been made, although I see the appeal as a end user. I can't see them replacing the 4store, they got rid of it for a reason. Also this just reminds me of a rental property I had never ending issues with. Client wanted iPad mini's instead of T3's. End result = constant call outs from kids installing crap on the iPad, someone uninstalling or breaking or not updating it....  To compound the issue, the property was 700 miles from me in Switzerland. (Holiday home / Rental property when they are not there for existing customer)

Never again! 

• 4 years later...
19 hours ago, R_Willis said:

Tempest stations are trash compared to Davis and other far more reliable/accurate offerings.

Trash is strong word and I don't agree. I own both.  While the Davis Vantage Pro 2 is nice its also a maintenance nightmare.  Specifically the rain gauge and keeping it operational.  The birds and spiders love that thing. The davis does not contain all of its sensors on the weather station itself and it requires that you run a control panel that looks like its from the 90s. You have to buy another device if you want it to work over wifi. The tempest has lightning detection which the Davis does not.  Overall, I'm likely going to remove my Davis soon since the Tempest has been pretty close to the readings on my Davis. 

Some More Trash talking, Davis does have a new color touch screen console that connects its data on Wifi instead of the crappy ethernet adapter FYI. It would be nice to have C4 integration with Davis Weather stations!