C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat programming for delays

verge

Wondering if you can help resolve an HVAC issue:

I have a client that I installed C4 in his business.  Commerical utility usage is based not only on consumption but also on spikes of electricity usage in parts of Florida.  My client has 2 HVACs/thermostats. 

I simply want to create a delay ON when one AC turns on, the other AC unit will have to wait 5 min so both are not turning on at the same time thus reducing his utility bill (this happens every morning when employees come in for first time - they just turn everything on at once). 

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Wondering if you can help resolve an HVAC issue:

I have a client that I installed C4 in his business.  Commerical utility usage is based not only on consumption but also on spikes of electricity usage in parts of Florida.  My client has 2 HVACs/thermostats. 

I simply want to create a delay ON when one AC turns on, the other AC unit will have to wait 5 min so both are not turning on at the same time thus reducing his utility bill (this happens every morning when employees come in for first time - they just turn everything on at once). 

Thanks in advance!

Sean

I don't think that this is specifically possible - OBVIOUSLY you can schedule one to request 70 degrees at 8:00 and the other one to come on at 8:30 so that they will not be on at the same time - however - once they start cycling and requesting to come on as the temperature in the romo they control requests it will no longer work. 

What I would do is use an egauge monitor of each compressor. Then have someone who is a whole lot smarter than me to indicate that if one of the compressors is drawing energy don't let the other thermostat call for AC.  

Bill

Archived