C4 Forums | Control4

Nvidia Shield TV

Jaffacree

I did a search on here for this and only came up with one post for this topic.  How does control4 control the Shield?  Does it only control KODI?  Will KODI play all file types on the Shield?  I am interested in getting KODI as I do not have it now, and Amazon Fire TV isnt available for sale right now.  The Nvidia looks like a pretty cool device, and I am interested in hearing peoples opinions about it.

Thank you,

I did a search on here for this and only came up with one post for this topic. How does control4 control the Shield? Does it only control KODI? Will KODI play all file types on the Shield? I am interested in getting KODI as I do not have it now, and Amazon Fire TV isnt available for sale right now. The Nvidia looks like a pretty cool device, and I am interested in hearing peoples opinions about it.

Thank you,

The device itself is awesome. Probably one of, or the best, Android TV boxes out there. However, it doesn't come rooted like a lot of the other Android TV boxes on the market. You can root it yourself, but be careful doing so. There's not really a good way to automate it fully with Control4, yet at least. The KODI driver will work within KODI, but you have to leave the Shield in KODI or get it there first with the Shield remote for Control4 to work. If you root it, then you can install LanMote and KODI will then launch from Control4 and you can also control the Android side of the Shield after exiting KODI.

• 3 months later...

I FINALLY got around creating a driver with the ShieldTV IR commands, works good for the native Shield UI. Using the driver under Kodi, its picking up the commands as if they're being sent twice, I'll have to play with the driver settings some more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2016 at 0:37 AM, bsanf3 said:

I FINALLY got around creating a driver with the ShieldTV IR commands, works good for the native Shield UI. Using the driver under Kodi, its picking up the commands as if they're being sent twice, I'll have to play with the driver settings some more.

My samsung un65hu8550 remote is able to control my shield via the CEC protocol. I wonder if there is a work around for just programming the sr-250 to switch to your respected tv profile?  This is assuming your tv supports the CEC function.

Archived