C4 Forums | Control4

Dealer being purged.

D9Dave

I have been a certified installer since 2008 but our sales numbers aren't good enough to keep our dealer status per email from sales rep.  Is there still a way to retain use of composer if I loose access to it on the control4 end.  I would not like to pay another dealer to make changes to my personal system at home.  Has anyone lost access to composer due to dealer status cancellation?

I have been a certified installer since 2008 but our sales numbers aren't good enough to keep our dealer status per email from sales rep.  Is there still a way to retain use of composer if I loose access to it on the control4 end.  I would not like to pay another dealer to make changes to my personal system at home.  Has anyone lost access to composer due to dealer status cancellation?

Set up a developer account with control4.  I think its $150 a year.

Set up a developer account with control4.  I think its $150 a year.

This won't work anymore.  At the end of the day to be dropped as a dealer is a pretty big deal.  You pretty much need to do close to no sales to be dropped.

I just think it's a shame that someone so passionate about the platform could be driven away from it by the company's outdated business model and the bad attitude of those who benefit from that business model. He wasn't particularly diplomatic in his feedback (understatement of the year), but his attitude wasn't actually the issue. Unfortunately, I think his attitude allowed the story to become about him and not the underlying issues he complained about.

Sorry, now I'm not being diplomatic. I shouldn't have said "the bad attitude of those who benefit from that business model". That was inappropriate. What I meant was that a lot of the responses Wap got were from people who benefit from preserving the status quo and their responses reflected that status. It's hard to take people seriously when their positions are so visibly self-serving. Personally, I just wish Control4 and their dealers would be more open to discussion about how their business model works for some and not for others. There's room for both to coexist.

Archived