C4 Forums | Control4

Android 6 Marshmallow and MyHome App

Cyknight

I may have seen this come up already but figured I'd put out a bit of a warning.

It has been found that the MyHome app currently does not work with Android 6 Marshmallow.

The app will not connect at all, coming up with authentication issues, and you cannot add a new device if it's on marshmallow.

Control4 is aware of the issue - it apparently is something relating to how android reaches out to the authentication servers - but no date on a fix as of yet.

So if the use of the app is important to you - consider holding off on updating.

Nexus fan over here, I'm out Control4 app, all my devices are already on Marhsmallow (Nexus 5,6,7-2013) and I can't use the damn thing, I hoped that the 2.8 app would fix the issue but it didn't. So all I have is to wait for the next couple of weeks/months until C4 brings the new app.

• 3 weeks later...

Still doesn't work for me. I'm using a Nexus 6P on 6.0, and my system is on 2.8. It says that the device is unauthorized when I try to connect. I am able to connect on my Nvidia Shield tablet on 5.1.1.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Still doesn't work for me. I'm using a Nexus 6P on 6.0, and my system is on 2.8. It says that the device is unauthorized when I try to connect. I am able to connect on my Nvidia Shield tablet on 5.1.1.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's been noted that in some instances, the app needs to be deleted and downloaded.

Archived