C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos drivers and 2.8

h_sqd

A few months ago I bought a Sonos Connect and set it up with the various drivers to integrate it into my system.  It was sorta there, but didn't function all that well through the C4 interface.  The native Sonos app worked great on my phone and was so well thought out, I didn't bother beating on the C4 interface until it worked correctly.

So I just loaded 2.8 and viola! the C4 functionality automagically is there!  The key thing that drove me to the Sonos in the first place was that C4 would not recognize my music file formats in my network iTunes library and I wasn't about to reload them to whatever format that worked.  The only remaining function that only the Sonos app provides (as far as I can tell) is the master volume feeding my Anthem processor, which gets used a lot once I have the house with a balanced sound level among the three Anthem zones.

Happy camper.

.  The only remaining function that only the Sonos app provides (as far as I can tell) is the master volume feeding my Anthem processor, which gets used a lot once I have the house with a balanced sound level among the three Anthem zones.

Happy camper.

sounds like an end point issue. Are you controling the anthem volume directly at all or just the sonos?

Are you controlling the anthem volume directly at all or just the sonos?

The driver is installed, but it was flakey enough in how the Anthem behaved that I have the RS-232 unplugged.

My point was that the volume control that shows up in the Sonos app looks similar to the same page in the C4 app, but the C4 only has the pause/go button, not the volume slider.  (Not a big deal in my normal usage.)

I get a volume slider when the app is in landscape mode.  Very useful to me.

Just curious on how you are seeing the slider (which version you have, etc). I tried but still only get the - and + .

I actually don't use the C4 app for Sonos because of the lack of a volume slider and the ability to change the position in a song like I can with the Sonos app. Hopefully these will be added in soon. I also wish that if someone starts playing music with the Sonos app that the C4 app would notice and show all the info. I think it will show if a song changes but if the initial "start up" isn't done through C4 then it will continue to think the system is off. I was hoping that it would know that the sonos was on and update the status.

I am w running 2.8. I don't think track time selection is possible yet.

Sonos driver has an auto play feature to turn on the c4 room associated however

I just configured the auto play feature, works great. Thank you!!

I wish I had the full manual but it seems they have it locked up.

Archived