C4 Forums | Control4

Remote access for adding devices

vjayapau

I'm new to this forum and new to C4 automation. I'm going to install the complete C4 automation as a DIY. I knew that the Composer HE supplied won't let me to add new devices to the system.

In that particular case; if I want to add any new devices, will there be any dealers available to add devices through remote accessing my system. And what I suppose to do from my end...

Looking for some feedback before starting the project.

That depends, some dealers will and some won't. I charge hourly rates while on phone calls with customers. You will get a work out though, if you have a ton of devices to identify. You will be the one tapping the products to get identified.

Thanks for the info lads...

I'm not actually buying the equipments from grey market; but from the C4 dealer... (Hudson High Techs...). The only moto of my query is to eliminate the installation fee in some way!!!

1 big issue that I can think of right away. When I program all my systems there is always a bit of tweaking that needs to be done. I have added new dimmers, changed zigbee channels and added tons of programming using VPN and remote access. I or any dealer can't guarantee that the drivers we put in will work.

Luis A.

I've yet to find a dealer that would really help...

I've been lucky enough to obtain composer and do all the programming myself...I'm very technical, so it comes easy to me. I also program my boss's system for him as well. I do remote programming via firewall rules that allow composer to connect to the MC directly.

I REALY hope that we get a comsumer channel someday...

Archived