C4 Forums | Control4

Adams Rite Monitored Electric Strikes

vsmirnov

Hi guys,

Does anyone have anty experience integrating a monitored electric strike into C4? The client wants to install a monitored version of Adams Rite strike, 7170-319-626  to be exact. I believe a simple C4 relay will do the job of locking and unlocking. However, I am not sure if the "monitored" version will really work in C4. There is quite a cost difference between the "monitored" and "non-monitored version", so I need to make a recommendation. Is it possible to get the monitored lock to show its status in the C4 interface and do I need to get any extra hardware for that. I'm also attaching the Adams Rite 7170 product spec sheet just in case.

Thank you,

Vic.

If the ONLY system opening the lock is C4, the standard model will do just fine - it'll be discreet relay closure so no doubt on if it's engaged or not.

The monitoring can certainly be tied to control4 sensors, but you'd have to add additional sensors to display this - sensor feedback is not available for the lock driver.

@Cyknight Thank you so much, sir. If I understood correctly, even with a "non-monitored" strike version the customer would still be able to tell from the C4 app/pannel if the gate lock is closed or open (perhaps via relay status?). If I am right, I'd recommend them to go with the "non-monitored" version then.

Yes indeed they will have feedback without the monitoring kit.

The monitoring kit would only be required IF there are going to be other (daily use) matters that open/close that lock. Such as keypads, rfid readers and so on that do NOT integrate into control4

Archived