C4 Forums | Control4

Using 2nd Zone on Multi-zone receiver for house radio, etc.

chambrick

Is anyone using the 2nd zone of a multi-zone receiver for something like radio throughout the house? If so is C4 smart enough to know that when one room is using the main zone (say for TV or movie) and then turns it off, and a different zone is using the 2nd zone for a different audio source it won't turn the receiver off?

If so is there a special way to set that up in system design?

What line of recievers are you using? We currently put integra's in most of our systems and i'm still working out the zone 2 bugs. With the integra line, you have to send a separate command to shut off zone 2. When you send the power off cmd to it, zone 2 remains on unless you send zone 2 off. Its been tricky for me, especially with just the rubber button remote. I've had to create a couple of custom buttons but i know it can be done more efficiently.

Is anyone using the 2nd zone of a multi-zone receiver for something like radio throughout the house? If so is C4 smart enough to know that when one room is using the main zone (say for TV or movie) and then turns it off, and a different zone is using the 2nd zone for a different audio source it won't turn the receiver off?

If so is there a special way to set that up in system design?

Hey Corbin,

We have setup a system where there are two "Rooms" located within the same room and they are both tied into the same receiver. C4 knows if both rooms are using the system so if one Room turns off it leaves the receiver on. It works perfectly. We have had some experience with Receivers that have separate power controls, like Ryan said for Zone 2 On/Off.

Dan

Archived