C4 Forums | Control4

Luxul XBR-4400 issues with Control4

Axis24

Is anyone else having issues with the Luxul Router XBR-4400 and Control4. I am having major connectivity with any of my wireless devices and even connecting with composer to the main director. The Luxul system is updated to the newest firmware and Control4 is updated to iOS2.8. I have spent hours on the phone with Luxul and Control4 and have had them both say that they are not sure what the issue is as everything sounds/looks like it is setup properly. I have never seen this issue before.

Any thoughts?

Using two 1500 and one 1240. I am not ruling them out either, I just feel like after the firmware update the router or WAPs have been dropping the touchpanels and connection to director from the laptop has been bad as well. Another job had a firmware update to the 4400 to the newest firmware and the same issues starting to happen there. Loaded an older firmware and all seemed to get better.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been seeing this issue as well.

^ Some of the older routers have had some issues too - though those were all solved via firmware (Luxul HAS been good in that they've very willingly worked with control4 and sought out dealers to get things setup in a way that works well for our type or requirements).

Heck we still run our own store on one of them. I've ripped out their APs in the past (these were very much older models mind) and can only think of one left out in the field.

Frankly we have a much better solution in the field for APs at the moment that's better priced and more versatile - and no handshake issues across even large numbers of them.

• 4 months later...

Archived