C4 Forums | Control4

On Site Now- problem connecting to Director

On site right now trying to solve a problem.

All three HC250 controlled systems in the house are non-operational.

The main HC250 controller, running 2.8,  appears on the network (although it does not respond when I ping it), and the IP address can be seen when I choose local system in Composer, but when I try to connect I get this message:

"Could not connect to Director/Broker at 192.168.1.181

Director status: disconnected

Broker to Director status: Exception: Error reading JToken form JsonReader. Path", line 0, position 0.

Broker status disconnected"

I have tried resetting by holding down the ID button and powering up the unit.  Holding down the ID button until I get three blue lights.

No go.

Also, when I cycle the power on the controller, the NIC port lights won't light up and blink until I unplug and plug back in the network cable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, smarthomeproject said:

Hi Guys new to the forum, just wondering if anybody got a fix for this.... currently using hc250, My firmware was 2.7.2 I had a project locked error so decided to upgrade to 2.8.1, now I receive the error as most of you have..... 

Hi Johann Stroh, thanks for your input, I haven't tried resetting yet but will do later tonight, my dealer said it could be a problem with my patch, is there an updated patch for 2.8.0? my issue stemed from my laptop hdd after I installed a new one, tried to use the composer that I backed up, but it just kept giving me project locked error, so I updated to 2.8 now im getting broker error with jtoken.... frustrating, I can login system manager and ping controller from cmd, but can't make changes within controller.

Hi Johann Stroh, thanks for your input, I haven't tried resetting yet but will do later tonight, my dealer said it could be a problem with my patch, is there an updated patch for 2.8.0? my issue stemed from my laptop hdd after I installed a new one, tried to use the composer that I backed up, but it just kept giving me project locked error, so I updated to 2.8 now im getting broker error with jtoken.... frustrating, I can login system manager and ping controller from cmd, but can't make changes within controller.

Update to 2. 8.2 and that is fixed

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Got to "System Manager" & enable director.

If this doesnt work, Try to get another controller (EA5 or EA3 or HC800/HC250 ), connect to it, then add the non-complaint controller to it. You can then upgrade the non-complaint controller. You now need to got back to system manager and enable its director.

Archived