C4 Forums | Control4

Pella Insynctive Bridge - motorized blinds

grant0830

Holy crap!  These look to be able to be done on a retrofit...

http://insynctivesupport.pella.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/296/~/video---retrofit-an-existing-designer-series%C2%AE-blind-or-shade-with-insynctive%E2%84%A2-

If anybody has any hints on how to get the retrofit kits please let me know.  The guy that sold me my Pella will probably never know a thing about it.

Insynctive bridge is Z-Wave.  It lists Wink as compatible on the Insynctive web page.  So unless I'm wrong you'd have to get the Houselogix driver for Wink AND you'd have to get Phil to update the driver to support Insynctive.  Any Z-Wave experts care to give me more hope than this?

I think the design looks killer with using solar or a wall charger.

The blind in window solution from Pella is so nice and I think unique to them.  I never thought there would be anyway to do automation with those, and I knew that when I bought them.  But now that there is a solution and I see the pricing, it might never happen anyway.

Does anybody know if Pella has everything locked down to pricing or is it worth shopping around?  The local Pella distributor gave me a ballpark number on the device + labor, and he said labor was half of it??  The install is a 15-30 minute job per window and I can do it myself, they even post the detailed video instruction online.

Please PM me if anybody knows any tricks.  It isn't like a window install where I can understand if they want to keep that locked down.  This is a slam dunk compared to a window install.

There IS a driver.  That I confirmed.  But it is up to Pella to release that.  I have not called them yet to determine the status.  I would suggest anyone with any interest call now instead of later to show your support for releasing a driver...

According to my local Pella distributor, the CEO was canned and the lack of success with this line is a big reason for it.  He didn't think they were going to be adding any more compatibility options.  I hope that isn't the case.

Pricing...not so good.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, c44me said:

So does anyone know how these compare to others????

What's to compare?  If you have Pella blinds inside your windows its the only choice.  With the price of them I can't see any reason why you would go with them otherwise.

On 6/7/2016 at 3:54 AM, turls said:

What's to compare?  If you have Pella blinds inside your windows its the only choice.  With the price of them I can't see any reason why you would go with them otherwise.

Haven't decided on which blinds to go with yet - hence the ?.  thanks.

4 hours ago, c44me said:

Haven't decided on which blinds to go with yet - hence the ?.  thanks.

Ok, to be clear these are between the glass blinds--so are only going to work with Pella windows that open up to install these.  And they are priced like everything else Pella sells.

Archived