C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling Ceiling Fan (Do Most Use the Fan Controller?)

konieczn

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see what the consensus was when controlling ceiling fans. Do most people use the Control4 fan controller, the Control4 keypad, or something else?

I have multiple adaptive phase dimmers that I will be installing, and certain rooms have ceiling fans, I just wanted the wallplates to look uniform after installation.

Thank you in advance!

Brian

I love the Fan Controller.

If you have 'dumb' fans, I highly recommend them.  If you're buying 'smart fans', which have their own controller, that's not really an option.

I love being able to set it to the lowest setting at night.  We slept with the totally silent fan on speed 1 or 2 all summer.

RyanE

I love the Fan Controller.

If you have 'dumb' fans, I highly recommend them. If you're buying 'smart fans', which have their own controller, that's not really an option.

I love being able to set it to the lowest setting at night. We slept with the totally silent fan on speed 1 or 2 all summer.

RyanE

But with smart fans it is pretty easy to bypass or remove the controller hardware in the ceiling rose and use the switch. That's what I did.

That seems like it could be a great tool for fireplaces also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works on anything within it's RF range, there's a relay driver for it that you can attach any desired motorized device to. Also has an IR blaster built in.

I've yet to attain anything for myself that would use it to do extensive testing - but it's a great little piece from my limited exposure.

Anyone have any stock in the U.S. Willing to ship one?

I posted a link to them for sale :) its for dealers only though

If you are a consumer msg me and i can get you one and put you in contact with a dealer who can help setup the driver for you etc unless you have a dealer who you use 

Wondering if with those fan controllers you can set them up so that they either turn on and off at a certain time of day automatically.

Would be great if they could be programmed so that they turn on about 1hr before I get home to get the air moving, especially in summer, or turn off at in the morning.

Regards

Wondering if with those fan controllers you can set them up so that they either turn on and off at a certain time of day automatically.

Would be great if they could be programmed so that they turn on about 1hr before I get home to get the air moving, especially in summer, or turn off at in the morning.

Regards

You bet you can.

Should work fine for your fan:

Control4® Wireless Fan Speed Controller, 120V—C4-4SF120

The Control4® Wireless Fan Speed Controller provides elegant, quiet fan speed control of standard paddle-type ceiling fans. Allows fan speed control to be incorporated into a Control4® system for climate scheduling and other automated events.

• Controls a single paddle-type ceiling fan up to 2A*

• Includes four fan speed buttons and one off button

• Continuously measures energy being used by the fan

• Elegant, sophisticated design makes a beautiful addition to any home or business

• Custom engraving available to clearly identify each button

• Backlit button engraving with programmable color control for easy readability regardless of time of day or light level

• Programmable RGB LEDs provide status feedback for fan speed, lighting and other devices in the system

• Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts backlight and status LED brightness depending on the light level in the room

• Available in a wide array of gloss and satin colors

Those of us with the older Casablanca fans (when they were good) are stuck without any good options to integrate with C4.

Please what do I need with this driver inorder to have my ceiling fan tied to Control 4? I have Minka ceiling fan with 3 light and a wall controller.

If your fan/light is infrared controller all you need is our driver and either an IR emitter or IR blaster.

If your fan/light is infrared controller all you need is our driver and either an IR emitter or IR blaster.

I think is RF. I just have the in-wall controller.  I was also Looking at the Matterlink. because I have the old Hunter Dauglass RF motorized shade and I have been looking for ways to integerate the 2.  What's your opion on this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.