C4 Forums | Control4

JDMON

I was planning on a 5.1 system.  I was planning on outputting component out to the receiver from a video matrix, also directly connecting blu-ray, Roku, and PS4 thru HDMI to receiver.  This all would go out to a 1080p projector that has both component and HDMI in.

I do have a C4 audio system with output to 5 separate zones but I assumed this would not be able to output to a 5.1 home theater system. 

What is 2.8?

I was planning on a 5.1 system. I was planning on outputting component out to the receiver from a video matrix, also directly connecting blu-ray, Roku, and PS4 thru HDMI to receiver. This all would go out to a 1080p projector that has both component and HDMI in.

I do have a C4 audio system with output to 5 separate zones but I assumed this would not be able to output to a 5.1 home theater system.

What is 2.8?

If you're talking 5.1 and Component then you should not be rushing into a 2015 AVR which will be all about 4k hdcp2.2. Atmos processing etc.

Also no AVR since 2012 or earlier has component output so you need a HDMI to component wigit.

What I was also saying is your hc300 is end of life.

So my recommendation would be an older cheaper AVR. The Sony str 1800 es for example if you can find one cheap and then deploying some AVR cash to buying a HC250 to replace the 300 And upgrade the C4 experience.

Update. A quick Amazon shows the Sony dn840 for $280 and the 1040 for $310. Both have network connectivity and C4 certified IP drivers.

Also my hc250 sends audio and on screen display to the avr by HDMI so it is an additional zone in the whole home audio.

My wha is AVR and C4 4 zone matrix amp and a speakerpoint wired for a lesser used bathroom. Really an overpriced access hole into that bathroom ceiling! Good for parties though.

My Denon x6200 is pretty good so far. And from what I have read it does convert component to hdmi - and when I remember correctly even has component out.

And the C4 driver is very complete, that is a big plus.

Archived