C4 Forums | Control4

diamond design Control4 Showroom Vids

As promised for those of you interested I've posted some videos of some areas at our large C4 showroom at our YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/diamonddesignC4  We only do C4 and everything is running off of it in this place.  If you don't feel like looking at them all the outdoor room one is neat.  I didn't do full demos, just a walk through.

Oh yea my newly turned 6 year old Garrett did a walk through video too and he said to mention that his is best.

post-124958-0-84910100-1448677148_thumb.

Can diamond designs create a bbq guru driver or stoker driver for c4? I'm a bbq nut. Would love to look at a c4 interface to control the smoker. Or get an announcement over my Sonos gear that the food is ready or the temp is spiking etc.

This is a pretty good idea. We'll take a look at a couple of these options - do you know off hand if either have an IP API that we can use?

This is a pretty good idea. We'll take a look at a couple of these options - do you know off hand if either have an IP API that we can use?

I know BBQ Guru has an open API.  There are several 3rd party iOS/Android apps that use their API.  I am not a programmer but found this rather easily:

http://cyberqinterface.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API.html

I am not sure if Rock's Stoker has an open API.  Found a link from 2010 with some info but they have released 1-2 newer models since that time.

I know BBQ Guru has an open API.  There are several 3rd party iOS/Android apps that use their API.  I am not a programmer but found this rather easily:

http://cyberqinterface.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API.html

I am not sure if Rock's Stoker has an open API.  Found a link from 2010 with some info but they have released 1-2 newer models since that time.

I see that BBQ Guru has a CyberQ wifi unit. We'll probably go that route. Thanks!

Oh yea and the foyer has a zero edge aquarium in it for any of you that do marine aquariums you know what I'm talking about.  Big headaches but really neat.  Its in the foyer vid. 

Is the aquarium integrated into the C4 system?

the meater is nice but...

1) the probes are rather thick.  for a big cut of meat, like a pork butt, no issue.  but for some steaks, chicken, etc, its going to leave a decent size hole.

2) the Cyber Q Wifi (and the Stoker Wifi) are also fan systems to help regulate the temps on your smoker.  Not just monitor the temp, but actually control/stabilize the temps

For an oven or a controlled gas environment, the meater is fine. But if you are cooking with wood/charcoal and want help with fire management, the Cyber Q/Stoker products are great due to their fan systems.

For you C4 guys that are into saltwater it's great that we got this thing because now you will have a driver in development.  Already started on Apex Fusion.  It's the only one we'll be doing so if you're in the market get an Apex Fusion system (it's awesome anyway). 

• 1 year later...

James,

Are you guys (Diamond Design) still open?  I purchased a DDNAS and two Dune media players from you and I can't get a return call.

I've gone to your webpage, I've left voice mails for technical support and I've left you personal voice mails...  what's up?

On 4/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, Budman8889 said:

James,

Are you guys (Diamond Design) still open?  I purchased a DDNAS and two Dune media players from you and I can't get a return call.

I've gone to your webpage, I've left voice mails for technical support and I've left you personal voice mails...  what's up?

Budman,

Yes, we are open. I apologize - if you've been trying to reach James he has been traveling and out of pocket a bit. I'll look for your voicemail in his inbox and reach out to you if that's ok.

Archived