C4 Forums | Control4

Back up not working comp he 2.8

kajphotos

• 3 weeks later...

I only get this message when trying to backup immediately after doing a refresh navigators, for example. If I wait a minute for it to finish I can backup without issue. Is that what you guys are doing, or is it something else?

This is a known issue specifically to ComposerHE. Last I heard this will be fixed in the next release - for now users should use HE 2.7.2 for backup ONLY

PS there was a whole separate thread on this that was closely monitored vs this one

Thank you. Waiting does not work for me, I get the same error

As said I use the cloud as work around. First I backup to the cloud and then download

I will find the other thread and monitor progress

My dealer said he will inquire as well. I will report what we hear from C4

This is a known issue specifically to ComposerHE. Last I heard this will be fixed in the next release - for now users should use HE 2.7.2 for backup ONLY

PS there was a whole separate thread on this that was closely monitored vs this one

Hmm. Awesome.

Thank you. Waiting does not work for me, I get the same error

As said I use the cloud as work around. First I backup to the cloud and then download

I will find the other thread and monitor progress

My dealer said he will inquire as well. I will report what we hear from C4

Like I said - use 2.7.2 to do local back-ups (or your route - that's fine just more work and requires 4Sight). Tech support inquiry may get him little (their focus is on dealers anyway). It's noted, it's been reproduced a fix is in the works.

^And yes that is the thread that I was speaking of.

Just want to make sure that I understand - both versions (2.7.2 and 2.8 HE) can be installed on the PC at the same time, and the backups that I do on 2.7.2 will be properly read by 2.8 if I need to restore?

I uninstalled 2.7.2 before upgrading to 2.8 - do you happen to know if I now install the earlier version that newer will still work?

Yes, both versions can be installed at the same time.  C4 support says that as long as you do nothing on 2.72 besides a backup, the backup should be fine.

i don't know if 2.72 can be safely installed after 2.8. But you could always uninstall 2.8 then reinstall 2.72 and 2.8.

I decided to play it safe, uninstalled 2.8, then reinstalled 2.7.2, then 2.8.  Backups work fine with 2.7.2, and 2.8 seems to work okay for making changes - there was a newer build of 2.8 on the site so I used that one, but the backups are still broken.

Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Why wasn't this fixed the DAY AFTER someone reported it wasn't working!! 

Why wasn't this seen BEFORE they release it into the wild

It's been over a month now. Nobody in a publicly held company with millions in market capital can figure it out?  Is the Control 4 code so messed up that they can't fix this within a day?

This is truly pathetic.

My take?  Control4 doesn't really care about the end user - the dealer is their customer.

Since there is no way for an end user to report a problem, we are at the mercy of the dealer to do so.  Dealers don't use HE and HE not working correctly isn't likely to impact revenue = low priority item.

31 minutes ago, jfh said:

My take?  Control4 doesn't really care about the end user - the dealer is their customer.

Since there is no way for an end user to report a problem, we are at the mercy of the dealer to do so.  Dealers don't use HE and HE not working correctly isn't likely to impact revenue = low priority item.

I reported a remote connection issue when 2.8 came 

I did this straight to Control4 from site and got a call back from a tech, so yes you can report a problem.

However if you search this forum you will find out that they do know of the backup issue and sadly no fix any time soon at least not till next release it seems.

Archived