C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 thermostats

drmark12pa

I'm currently using 2 Control4 thermostats, 1 in my house, 1 in my garage.

I have been reading that the new Control4 thermostat can use a remote sensor and was wondering if I could use this option of putting this sensor in my basement to trigger the thermostat as my basement is colder than the upstairs where the thermostat is currently located.  The problem that occurs is that the thermostat is going by the temperature in the upstairs and in most cases the temperature difference is based on the warmer upstairs area.  

I'm currently using 2 Control4 thermostats, 1 in my house, 1 in my garage.

I have been reading that the new Control4 thermostat can use a remote sensor and was wondering if I could use this option of putting this sensor in my basement to trigger the thermostat as my basement is colder than the upstairs where the thermostat is currently located.  The problem that occurs is that the thermostat is going by the temperature in the upstairs and in most cases the temperature difference is based on the warmer upstairs area.  

The old one can use remote sensors as well - and yes assuming there is a wire (neither are wireless!) available, you certainly can. Please also note that it is either or - it doesn't average the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived