C4 Forums | Control4

Vera with C4

jillmark99

C4 Guru

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

You need to have all the zwave devices already identified to the Vera controller and confirm they are working with the Vera app. Once this is done then add each of the devices in composer, such as a light switch, then add the room and device name to the driver. Refresh navigators and they will appear and should work.

So I do need to have scenes set up for Vera to work? Because I can see the items in the Vera... But it says Waiting for wakeup to configure device.... but there are numbers in the humidity field and the light sensor and temp fields...... it SURELY is NOT C4!!!

jillmark99

C4 Guru

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

You need to have all the zwave devices already identified to the Vera controller and confirm they are working with the Vera app. Once this is done then add each of the devices in composer, such as a light switch, then add the room and device name to the driver. Refresh navigators and they will appear and should work.

So I do need to have scenes set up for Vera to work? Because I can see the items in the Vera... But it says Waiting for wakeup to configure device.... but there are numbers in the humidity field and the light sensor and temp fields...... it SURELY is NOT C4!!!

No you wouldn't need scenes - but if you can't get the devices to work from Vera - there's no use in trying from Control4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

It's in Composer. Just search VERA. 

Thanks, I got it.

However, I'm not sure how to add devices. Here's what I have:

I have connected a control4 dimmer to vera as a generic zigbee device (just to test), it works on Vera with a huge delay. I want Control4 to use the device through Vera. Any idea how to do that? what driver should I add?

The process is:

1. Get the Vera hub connected in Control4
  2. Add a device to the Vera hub
  3. Add a generic ZWave Switch or Dimmer driver to Control4 (depending on what you added in Step 1)
  4. Add the proper Room/Device info on the Properties tab for that generic switch/dimmer/etc

29 minutes ago, melfeky said:

Thanks !

But How do I do the connections is composer?

Which connections? The Vera is connected on the Vera driver properties tab, by providing the IP address. The devices are connected just like I stated in step 4 above and it will populate the Device ID from the Vera controller.

2 minutes ago, THawes said:

Which connections? The Vera is connected on the Vera driver properties tab, by providing the IP address. The devices are connected just like I stated in step 4 above and it will populate the Device ID from the Vera controller.

Ok here's the situation. I have connected my control4 adaptive phase dimmer to Vera for testing purposes. It works fine through vera. However, when I add a c4 dimmer driver, nothing in the properties appears to be related to connections. I tried searching "generic zigbee dimmer" in the driver tab with no success.

The vera driver assumes it's there for ZWave, so there isn't a generic 'zigbee' driver - just a zwave one which is what you'd have to try and use.

What you're attempting to do however is far beyond the books and intended use of both the Vera (or perhaps I should say the C4 dimmer) as well as the Vera Driver.

31 minutes ago, melfeky said:

Ok here's the situation. I have connected my control4 adaptive phase dimmer to Vera for testing purposes. It works fine through vera. However, when I add a c4 dimmer driver, nothing in the properties appears to be related to connections. I tried searching "generic zigbee dimmer" in the driver tab with no success.

Other than a proof of concept, I've gotta ask why you'd want to connect the APD to the Vera instead of Control4, if you already have a Control4 system? You'll loose out on some features of the APD for sure and over-complicate the setup.

As @Cyknight said, there are no generic "ZigBee" drivers, only ZWave ones. In theory those may still work for you as you only need to populate the Room and Device name fields, and Control4 will get the Device ID through its connection to the Vera driver.

On 22/03/2016 at 7:22 PM, Cyknight said:

The vera driver assumes it's there for ZWave, so there isn't a generic 'zigbee' driver - just a zwave one which is what you'd have to try and use.

What you're attempting to do however is far beyond the books and intended use of both the Vera (or perhaps I should say the C4 dimmer) as well as the Vera Driver.

On 22/03/2016 at 7:33 PM, THawes said:

Other than a proof of concept, I've gotta ask why you'd want to connect the APD to the Vera instead of Control4, if you already have a Control4 system? You'll loose out on some features of the APD for sure and over-complicate the setup.

As @Cyknight said, there are no generic "ZigBee" drivers, only ZWave ones. In theory those may still work for you as you only need to populate the Room and Device name fields, and Control4 will get the Device ID through its connection to the Vera driver.

It was merely a proof of concept to understand my options as well as my limits. FYI, I tried the Zwave driver but it didn't work with the APD.

• 1 month later...

Archived