C4 Forums | Control4

Registering ComposerPro License **Stuck**

acontento

I am an ex-dealer relegated to the SDK Development program after unfortunately losing my business some time ago. After a recent rebuild of a PC, I am having a HECK of a time trying to register a new installation of Composer Pro. I have checked with C4 and I have licenses available, but the pesky green bar stops about a 5th of the way towards success! I have tried disabling PC FW and AV, I have used cellular modem, I have connected directly to my cable modem...same thing.

If I use a bogus password it does the same thing, so I am wondering if I am even getting to the server??

2-Hours on phone with C4 support last night did nothing but lose my system altogether b/c they had me factory reset and now I have NOTHING!!

Any clues would be most helpful!

Thanks,
Anthony.

Well, to be completely honest I suggested it in ignorance but he agreed. Later it became 'obvious' that this process is completely non-dependent on there being a director/controller on the network...oh well...that really screwed me up. I have a funny feeling that my email login credential is too long...it is 26-characters to the @ then another 26-characters after the @. Just another desperate theory!

So, I got curious about whether or not the registration process was even reaching a server somewhere so I used a@b.com as the "email address" and sure enough I got an invalid logon... BUT then when I tried the good credential it actually got through the process with a fatal error! Then I deleted the Composer folder under C:\Users\Antho_001\AppData\Roaming\Control4, tried again and got the message saying the license was already assigned to this PC!!! Ughhh. Now if I change the name of the PC, I get the message about having reached the maximum number of licenses.

So, I got curious about whether or not the registration process was even reaching a server somewhere so I used a@b.com as the "email address" and sure enough I got an invalid logon... BUT then when I tried the good credential it actually got through the process with a fatal error! Then I deleted the Composer folder under C:\Users\Antho_001\AppData\Roaming\Control4, tried again and got the message saying the license was already assigned to this PC!!! Ughhh. Now if I change the name of the PC, I get the message about having reached the maximum number of licenses.

sounds like you just need to login and manage your licenses on the dealer page - or have whomever manages it for you do so, to free up the license.

First, thanks for taking an interest in this matter.

That may be the case NOW, but that remains to be seen. I will ask the SDK team to release the licenses and try again. If it works, the magic workflow was to first try with a wrong credential and bogus PC, then use the correct credentials and the correct PC name (if the PC name really matters...I think not).

I'll check-in later with any updates.

Thanks again.

First, thanks for taking an interest in this matter.

That may be the case NOW, but that remains to be seen. I will ask the SDK team to release the licenses and try again. If it works, the magic workflow was to first try with a wrong credential and bogus PC, then use the correct credentials and the correct PC name (if the PC name really matters...I think not).

I'll check-in later with any updates.

Thanks again.

Would it be possible to simply use a different email for the registration?

I worked through this issue with a Support Lead yesterday. It seems my theory about the email login being too long may have been the culprit. As soon as I changed it to something MUCH shorter I was instantly able to login. Too bad, lots of wasted time on something so stupid :) Thanks for stepping up and trying to help me through this all!

Archived