C4 Forums | Control4

26" Touchscreen controlling Control4

hometekSA

Hi All,

I have a client that requires a 26" touchscreen for their kitchen, having the ability to not only watch TV but also access navigator via touch to control the home.

Controller will be HC500.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

Yeah, via touch is not possible.

They obviously can navigate the on-screen with the remote, no problem on the 26" TV, as well as do TV with it.

How does Crestron turn a 26" TV into a touchscreen?

RyanE

Hi Ryan,

It doesn't turn a TV into a touchscreen, it turns a touchscreen into a TV via software called XPanel - but anyways I'm going to try and convince the client to navigate the screen with a remote. I'm certain there's a way to manipulate navigator, I'll keep working on it to see if we can fabricate a solution, maybe with your help ;)

Hi All,

I have a client that requires a 26" touchscreen for their kitchen, having the ability to not only watch TV but also access navigator via touch to control the home.

Controller will be HC500.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

I wonder how using the 4Site service and a touch PC like below would work

HP TouchSmart IQ504 PC http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/desktops/IQ504t_series/rts/4/computer_store/KQ436AA%2523ABA

I've been using my TabletPC (slate style) for configuring C4 and 4Site for a remote access for a while now.

If you do this please let me know.

We have some "methods" on how to accomplish this, the easiest way would be the IR in functions of the system. That will only get you one way information however.

Someone did create a rudimentary api that allows you to send I think http calls to the box and have it do it's thing.

Archived