C4 Forums | Control4

I did what Elvis did and it works quite well. As long as you have the channel you're wanting to call in your "broadcast channels" in the media tab, the programming is pretty easy and then you can manipulate the voice scene as you wish. I just use channel name followed by the room. The wife loves being able to turn on HGTV hands-free. Not certain how this works with the Epic driver, but would think it would be pretty similar as far as coding it goes. 

And I saw the Kodi mention above. Not sure if there's a skill for that yet, but just tried out the Plex skill for Alexa in the last week and it works quite well. I can now turn the TV on to Plex  and then navigate to movies/TV shows all through Alexa. 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

I read that thread and I know Amazon changed something but I thought he would be able to explain what the “something” is that was changed. It seems strange that on and off still work, but up and down don’t. 

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

I read that thread and I know Amazon changed something but I thought he would be able to explain what the “something” is that was changed. It seems strange that on and off still work, but up and down don’t. 

Given how the Philips Hue works, it's not strange at all that on/off worked and set didn't.  (Up and Down are just variations on set).

Its not clear whether Amazon or Philips changed something - I've spent hours on the phone with Amazon and Philips to find someone that could tell me what happened last Wednesday.  I too am curious what changed. Given the nature of the original error, I suspect it was something simple like changing the data type of what was passed.

Archived