C4 Forums | Control4

How do I play a specific MP3 song based on a trigger?

StroTek LLC

I would like to trigger a ceiling fan sound to play when we shut the house down at night.. I have the MP3 file.. and I can manually play it.. but I dont see how I can do it through programming

Any ideas/help?

Just as an 'alert'? Then yeah convert and use announcement. If a looped sound you want to 'listen' to, just add it to the system, make sure it's on it's owm 'album' or add it to a playlist then under the room desired, go to room, select Media - and choose that album or playlist.

Want it in more than one room, after the first, find "Digital Media" in your system (auto added 'driver' , usually in a room with a controller) and select that first room, add rooms as you like.

Just as an 'alert'? Then yeah convert and use announcement. If a looped sound you want to 'listen' to, just add it to the system, make sure it's on it's owm 'album' or add it to a playlist then under the room desired, go to room, select Media - and choose that album or playlist.

Want it in more than one room, after the first, find "Digital Media" in your system (auto added 'driver' , usually in a room with a controller) and select that first room, add rooms as you like.

I wan tto play it on a loop.. but I cant see how to write a macro in composer to do just that.. I dont want to manually select the sound every night

Gotcha.

Easiest is to simply edit the MP3 to last quite long - say 15 minutes - 30 minutes.

From there, create a playlist, and add that song to the playlist as many times as you need. <- this is why you want to edit that sound file to repeat itself internally or you're adding it a million times.

Ok, I finally got it:

I created a playlist with the sleep sound in it numerous times

I created a "wakeup" scene, and picked the sleep sound playlist

I then created a macro to play the wakeup scene in the masterbed

finally, on my "bedtime" trigger I run the macro

Voila!! success!!

Ok, I finally got it:

I created a playlist with the sleep sound in it numerous times

I created a "wakeup" scene, and picked the sleep sound playlist

I then created a macro to play the wakeup scene in the masterbed

finally, on my "bedtime" trigger I run the macro

Voila!! success!!