C4 Forums | Control4

Trigger Amps With Controller

Slammed1000

So I have two Episode multi-channel amps without auto turn on connected to a C4 Matrix.  They do however have 12 volt triggers so i would like to turn them on when any room is playing audio and have them turn off when the last room shuts off. My 800 will be doing the triggering.  Any recommendations on the best way to program it?  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Matt Lowe said:

control4 has power amplifier drivers available that will work for most situations. you will then need to power the +12v as the c4 controllers are dry contact relays. I currently feed the +12v from the controller into the loop

Are they just generic drivers?  Currently I'm not using any drivers for my amps as I'm using the Matrix for volume control.  Was thinking some type of programming that triggered the amps when any room was active and then turned them off when all rooms shut off.

they are drivers ment for the power series of control4 amplifiers. but they can be used for any +12v trigger amp. you will need to set them as the audio end points and run the rca connections virtiually, but the matrix would still run volume control.

Above, assuming amps are not BIGGER than the C4 one (ie over 8 zones) would be best (easiest)

Alternatively, one could create a driver for the amp and add a fake 'power' control via IR, and simply program that on turning that amp on and off to close and open the relay (would require a change to enpoint bindings just like the C4 amp driver does by the way).

Archived