C4 Forums | Control4

Is it possible to change the icon from the Plex icon to say a movies icon?

Also when running this driver from Roku 3 and movies off a NAS, when you select a movie (Play Now), you get a second or two of where on screen you see the Roku main screen or the plex app screen in Roku, then it loads the movie. Is that normal? Just want to make sure mine is setup correctly.

On 4/9/2016 at 4:37 AM, Kidsat said:

Is it possible to change the icon from the Plex icon to say a movies icon?

Also when running this driver from Roku 3 and movies off a NAS, when you select a movie (Play Now), you get a second or two of where on screen you see the Roku main screen or the plex app screen in Roku, then it loads the movie. Is that normal? Just want to make sure mine is setup correctly.

Icons are embedded (hard coded) in the driver and are not dynamically changed.

You cannot hide the Roku nor the Plex app UI.  What you are experiencing is normal.  If you do not want to see the Roku UI you could possibly install a dedicated Plex HTPC running Plex Home Theater or Plex Media Player.  Though having said that you will still see the Plex UI.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, 

New to the forum, and C4 as well, but have been a happy PLEX user for a while.

Now that I have jumped in with both feet and have a new home loaded with C4, I am looking for some help for my C4 dealer with integrating PLEX vs. their default of KODI.

My setup is a basic one, I think, just more than one TV.

Sources include a new Dish 4K HOPPER, 3x Dish 4K JOEYS, a BR/DVD Player, and a QNAP TVS-471 NAS.

All sources are in a 4K 8x8 HDMI switch/matrix.

TVs are SONY, XBR-ANDROID flavor, and an older KDL, with both of the ANDROID TVs in rooms that are supported by ATMOS receivers back in my C4 rack.

I currently have PLEX Media Server installed on the NAS directly, and I also have the option to enable PLEX Home Theater from within the NAS' Hybrid Desk Station (This is also where KODI resides). All media (Movies, TV Shows, Music) is stored on the NAS.

If I am reading this and understanding this correctly, the use of Plex Media Server on the NAS, along with the Plex Full client for the ANDROID TVs is part of the equation, whilst also adding a ROKU with a native Plex App for the older Sony KDL model.

I do NOT need to use the Plex Home Theater client within the Hybrid Desk Station.

If someone can please confirm any or all of this and let me know if this is as doable as I think it should be, as well as possibly sending along any helpful hints or instructions that I can relay to my dealer, I would be eternally grateful.

Or, if I am way off base, please set me straight, but also include guidance for achieving my goal.

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to any and all replies,

5 minutes ago, Network-Rescue said:

Hey guys, 

New to the forum, and C4 as well, but have been a happy PLEX user for a while.

Now that I have jumped in with both feet and have a new home loaded with C4, I am looking for some help for my C4 dealer with integrating PLEX vs. their default of KODI.

My setup is a basic one, I think, just more than one TV.

Sources include a new Dish 4K HOPPER, 3x Dish 4K JOEYS, a BR/DVD Player, and a QNAP TVS-471 NAS.

All sources are in a 4K 8x8 HDMI switch/matrix.

TVs are SONY, XBR-ANDROID flavor, and an older KDL, with both of the ANDROID TVs in rooms that are supported by ATMOS receivers back in my C4 rack.

I currently have PLEX Media Server installed on the NAS directly, and I also have the option to enable PLEX Home Theater from within the NAS' Hybrid Desk Station (This is also where KODI resides). All media (Movies, TV Shows, Music) is stored on the NAS.

If I am reading this and understanding this correctly, the use of Plex Media Server on the NAS, along with the Plex Full client for the ANDROID TVs is part of the equation, whilst also adding a ROKU with a native Plex App for the older Sony KDL model.

I do NOT need to use the Plex Home Theater client within the Hybrid Desk Station.

If someone can please confirm any or all of this and let me know if this is as doable as I think it should be, as well as possibly sending along any helpful hints or instructions that I can relay to my dealer, I would be eternally grateful.

Or, if I am way off base, please set me straight, but also include guidance for achieving my goal.

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to any and all replies,

Yep you got it right.  Sony XBR Android TV's will work with our driver.  Note that you need a forked version of the Sony TV drivers which is available for free from our website.  You can find it under the Plex Full page and one Plex Full driver per TV (and the roku you're installing).

You can also use Plex Home Theater on your NAS if you want.  Our driver also works with that.  Though for performance reasons you may have processing issues if you are watching something on the Plex Home Theater and someone else wants to watch something on the XBR TV's.

Roku for the older KDL TV will work extremely well.

Anyway to sum it up you got it right.  Hope you enjoy the solution.

9 minutes ago, Network-Rescue said:

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply!

To confirm, the audio is just passed from the video matrix switch to the audio matrix switch or directly to the ATMOS receivers, based on the routing?

The driver doesn't have anything to do with that side of it.  Your dealer will setup the routing and audio path for you.

1 minute ago, Network-Rescue said:

Sorry, one more.

And the NAS would still continue to be a source connected via HDMI to the video matrix switch, yes?

Or could I free up a source input and have all media from the NAS available to the network over the 4x 1Gb connections?

Thanks again!

Since you're using the Sony TV's and the Roku as the Plex clients you technically don't need the NAS connected though its totally upto you on what sources you want.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, dmurray14 said:

Alan, can this driver work alongside the Roku channels driver? I'd like to have the Roku channels still be accessible, but use your Plex Full driver for the movie library.

Yes we designed the driver so it would specifically work with both the official Control4 roku driver and the HTI customs roku driver plus all associated mini apps.

see our installation guide for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Making the switch from the KODI full driver.  Have the PLEX FULL running and it found my Plex Media Server, but it can't find my local Plex Client.  I don't see a way to even enter the client's IP address like I can with the Server.  How can I get the driver to detect the PLEX Client.  I'm running on the client on a dedicated HTPC and all my control 4 settings and bindings are correct, media loads and is viewable on the navigators, so Plex Library is working.  Selecting Plex Control switches all inputs properly, etc.  But since the driver can't find a client, I get no control. 

I'm running the following version of the Plex Client:

Plex Media Player 1.1.6  (I'm a plex pass member)

On 11/19/2016 at 5:17 PM, drousso said:

Making the switch from the KODI full driver.  Have the PLEX FULL running and it found my Plex Media Server, but it can't find my local Plex Client.  I don't see a way to even enter the client's IP address like I can with the Server.  How can I get the driver to detect the PLEX Client.  I'm running on the client on a dedicated HTPC and all my control 4 settings and bindings are correct, media loads and is viewable on the navigators, so Plex Library is working.  Selecting Plex Control switches all inputs properly, etc.  But since the driver can't find a client, I get no control. 

I'm running the following version of the Plex Client:

Plex Media Player 1.1.6  (I'm a plex pass member)

BUMP?

Sorry @drousso i have been away on leave for the past 2 1/2 weeks so haven't been able to answer any queries.  As @malelan mentioned the best way to get technical support is via our helpdesk on houselogix.  We spend alot of time and money on our helpdesk to ensure that the houselogix team is trained up in all our products.  In future please submit a ticket via their website

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/plex-full#openModal

In regards to your actual problem there is two menthods of finding clients / servers

Remote Server is utilised for finding a server that has been logged into Plex.tv even if it is on the local network

Remote Client is utilised for finding a client that has been logged into Plex.tv even if it is on the local network (this is the button you need to push most likely)

Local Server is utilised for finding a server that has not been logged into Plex.tv

Local Client is utilised for finding a client that has not been logged into Plex.tv

I hope this helps.

I had a Roku 3 working with this driver. Upgraded to Roku Ultra (faster, 4K).

Now when you go through the selection process of my movies it gets to the Roku main screen and just sits there. It does not call the plex server in Roku to play the movie.

if you go to Roku first, start the plex driver then go back to my movies and select a movie it does work.

On 12/4/2016 at 3:13 PM, Kidsat said:

I had a Roku 3 working with this driver. Upgraded to Roku Ultra (faster, 4K).

Now when you go through the selection process of my movies it gets to the Roku main screen and just sits there. It does not call the plex server in Roku to play the movie.

if you go to Roku first, start the plex driver then go back to my movies and select a movie it does work.

There must be something different in the Ultra compared to the others.  If you use the HTI Customs or Control4 Roku drives can you control them and can you launch apps via them?

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Kidsat said:

I don't have access to those drivers. Still no fix for this and m dealer was never called back by Houselogix 26 days later. Not good. 

You will have one of those two drivers installed on your system.  Houselogix usually answers within 24 hours which is a bit strange.  Get your dealer to provide us with the ticket number and i'll get the Houselogix guys to follow up.

I note in the documentation usage example that we should be able to do stuff like change the colour of a lamp based on criteria of the show, like where its shot etc. How exactly? where is this variable stored? I am pretty sure I have explored all of the options within the programming of the driver?

14 hours ago, Kidsat said:

Never received a ticket number and the issue has not been resolved with the Roku Ultra. Disappointing. 

I can chase it up with Houselogix but you need to provide me with more details (like who your dealer is).  Usually a dealer would open a support ticket via the drivers product page and receive a ticket number when he submits.  Eg

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/plex-full#openModal

Once we have got in contact with your dealer we can go through some troubleshooting steps with them to determine where the problem lies.

On 07/01/2017 at 5:53 AM, Stuart England said:

I note in the documentation usage example that we should be able to do stuff like change the colour of a lamp based on criteria of the show, like where its shot etc. How exactly? where is this variable stored? I am pretty sure I have explored all of the options within the programming of the driver?

You probably mean

This driver provides two way feedback on what media you're consuming and what the state of the media player is. It will tell you when the movie is playing, paused, stopped or if it is a movie, episode, song or unknown media type. This information is useful for customising your lighting and environment to suit your customer's requirements.

This is actually a typo.  Copied and pasted the paragraph from our Kodi Full documentation.  It an provide two way feedback about the player state only (eg if it is playing, paused or stopped).  Will remote it from documentation when i get back to office in 9 days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.