C4 Forums | Control4

• 8 months later...

I have set up the Plex Full driver with a Roku and it is working pretty much perfectly. The only issue is that when I am browsing TV episodes using the Plex Library, on some shows, it shows “No results found” on the final screen, where is should show the Play Now, View Info, Set English Audio and other options. On other shows, it does show those options, and it is working well for movies too.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Also, is there any way for you to allow us to press and hold on any item in the library and favourite it to the room, so we can resume watching our favourite shows directly from the Control4 Home screen?

You'll need to give us remote access so we can troubleshoot. Please submit a ticket to driverCentral and we will assist.

A revamp of the entire driver is on the roadmap so we can get cover art view and favoriting but for now we are a bit snowed under with contracts so its not going to happen for a while.

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan,
I was wondering if we can make this work with the Nvidia Shield and the Plex Mini Driver as the Shield has now an official IP driver.
Still looking for a good solution to show clients  view of Local content on the touchscreen.

Also considering to get a Zappiti player with the driver but they are a bit difficult to come by where we are based (Bali)
Any Plans on doing a similar Driver for Emby?
Emby has become our Media Server Management of Choice 
Best Regards

9 hours ago, swissglobalsolutions said:

Hi Alan,
I was wondering if we can make this work with the Nvidia Shield and the Plex Mini Driver as the Shield has now an official IP driver.
Still looking for a good solution to show clients  view of Local content on the touchscreen.

Also considering to get a Zappiti player with the driver but they are a bit difficult to come by where we are based (Bali)
Any Plans on doing a similar Driver for Emby?
Emby has become our Media Server Management of Choice 
Best Regards

No it won’t work with the shield.

If you want an awesome demo for your customers go either Kaleidescape or Zappiti 

• 10 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 12:49 AM, Brl said:

I noticed the Plex driver is not available since the site redesign. Will this be available again? 

We removed this driver last year as an API change broke the driver.  Unfortunately we have yet to figure out how to resolve this issue.  As such please consider it discontinued.

6 minutes ago, Brl said:

Can I lend some assistance with the API integration? 

The only thing you can really do for us is provide us with an introduction to the correct people at Plex who we can talk to.  As we would rather create a relationship with a company rather than rely on APIs we have obtained from various sources on the internet and be in the same scenario again in a few years time.

If you do have a contact at Plex please get them to contact us.  Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.