C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon FireTV and Kodi

eggzlot

a few questions:

1) I have 2 older sticks and 1 new 4k Fire TV.  I downloaded abdFire yesterday.  I was able to install Kodi on the sticks ASAP.  the 4k fire tv shows offline.  It is not off line, I've checked.  the debug mode is set correctly.  Any idea why this may be happening?  I've tried to read some blogs online, played with my firewall settings, etc

2) anyone using Alan's driver to interact with Kodi on a Fire TV?

3) Anyone prefer any methods for quick boot up to go straight to Kodi vs settings > managed applications > kodi?

Thanks in advance

1) change the IP to a dummy. Close the Id window. Change bsck

2)yes. No problems 

3) you can configure the driver to launch org.xmbc.kodi (i think that's it) and have a color button. Or in fire OS 5.0.4 it will show Sideload apps on homescreen 

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

1) change the IP to a dummy. Close the Id window. Change bsck

2)yes. No problems 

3) you can configure the driver to launch org.xmbc.kodi (i think that's it) and have a color button. Or in fire OS 5.0.4 it will show Sideload apps on homescreen 

thanks that all worked, but now have an odd issue (again).  I've set up 5-6 other XBMC instances for my machines or others...and when I go to video > add files and point it to a path on a NAS with movie files and name it movies, after it adds all the titles, on the main XBMC page I now have a "movies" tab next to pictures, videos, system, etc.  this time that did not work.  only time it has not worked.

The files are there, if I go to Video > files I'll see them.  but I only get a small box in the lower right corner with a photo from the video, all other instances have big full screen graphics for each video, etc

Not sure if I am making sense.

Archived