C4 Forums | Control4

DSC drivers for new security proxy

Cyknight

FYI, the new DSC security drivers are now available for use via Control4.

NOTE that for the older POWERPC series, a swap needs to be mad to an it-230 (not the older it-100) which also means a RS422 to 232 adapter will be needed.

The driver for the DSC NEO unit (using the TL-280) is able to do rs232 (again using adapter as above) or IP.

Before jumping the gun - please note that there may be version requirements for your panel (PC series in particular) to be able to use the new modules.

Oh and don't ask about other brands/Honeywell - I don't have the answer on when ;)

Security Drivers 

DSC IT230(Beta) - Control4 
- Support 
- Powerseries panels v4.5 or higher 
- Requires a RS422 to RS232 converter, we have used one from B&B Electronics(4WSD9TB) in our test and development 

DSC TL280(Beta) - Control4 
- Support 
- NEO panels using any of the following communication boards, TL280, TL280R, TL2803G, TL2803GR 
- The initial release of these boards have often required a firmware update in order to communicate correctly, ensure that your device has version 4.1 
- If serials communication is desired it will require a RS422 to RS232 converter, we have used one from B&B Electronics(4WSD9TB) in our test and development 

8 minutes ago, mallom said:

I bought the same converter but it did not work for me... IT-230 flashes but it would not communicate with the controller. I will try again this weekend using a power supply and report if that solves the problem.

Yeah, I am looking for an externally-powered one now that has decent reviews.

On 1/29/2016 at 11:07 AM, mallom said:

I bought the same converter but it did not work for me... IT-230 flashes but it would not communicate with the controller. I will try again this weekend using a power supply and report if that solves the problem.

Did you have a chance to give the adapter (4WSD9TB) another try over the weekend? My IT-230 arrived, and now I just need to decide on an RS422-232 adapter. I'll probably just order the same one, given that it is the recommended one. Just want to make sure there aren't some looming issues with it first!

2 hours ago, THawes said:

Did you have a chance to give the adapter (4WSD9TB) another try over the weekend? My IT-230 arrived, and now I just need to decide on an RS422-232 adapter. I'll probably just order the same one, given that it is the recommended one. Just want to make sure there aren't some looming issues with it first!

Not yet. There is a C4 KB that they will release with the instructions on how to set it up. I am just waiting for that

• 4 weeks later...

On 2/4/2016 at 9:43 AM, mallom said:

There is a C4 KB that they will release with the instructions on how to set it up. I am just waiting for that

The KB article was finally published a couple of days ago. Bought a 4WSD9TB today and I'll get it hooked up next week when it arrives.

IF you have a currently working IT100 DSC driver in the 2.81 OS, is it really worth upgrading to the 230 or the 280 with the adapters power or not powered. Will it actually add more functionality or just a shiny new GUI? 

Well you can't use the 280 - that's for NEO panels. :rolleyes:

There's certainly some new functionality, and yes it's a much nicer interface.

If you have an existing 100 and it's working fine, get the driver from houselogix, it'll be about the same cost and a lot less hassle.

Yeah, if you must have the new UI and functionality but already have an integration with the IT-100, I would just go with the Houselogix driver.

I had not yet tied my alarm panel into my Control4 system (I just moved and hadn't gotten around to it), so IT-230 was the logical choice for me.

On 3/4/2016 at 8:05 PM, mallom said:

I still dont know if we have to power the converter or not. Keep us updated.

I'm thinking it needs to be powered. I hooked it up yesterday and wasn't getting any communication through it. Time to track down a 12v 2.5mm power adapter!

I'm thinking it needs to be powered. I hooked it up yesterday and wasn't getting any communication through it. Time to track down a 12v 2.5mm power adapter!

I bought the power adapter but I also moved to a new home and havent setup the system yet

Please let us know if the power adapter solves the problem.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.