C4 Forums | Control4

DSC drivers for new security proxy

Cyknight

So, as it turns out the converter may not actually need to be powered. I have it working now and it is not plugged into a power adapter. 

I spent some time playing wit this last night and just had some TX/RX lines flipped. Straightened that out, verified I had the correct programming done on the panel, and fired it up. I must still need to adjust some programming as I can't arm the panel from Control4 (even though remote arming is enabled, user & installer code are present, etc).

001.PNG

002.PNG

003.PNG

4 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Can you call for status feedback? IE press star and get info read from the panel - if not, that may well still be due to lack of power.

That's what I'm thinking - ran out of time to mess with it last night but I'm planning to try it again with power tonight.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Can you call for status feedback? IE press star and get info read from the panel - if not, that may well still be due to lack of power.

Update: communication appears to be the same whether or not a power adapter is used on the converter. The new IT-230 security driver doesn't have a full virtual keypad like the older drivers. Here is a screenshot:

IT-230.PNG.f3b85f75e5bcb0c39955a6171f753

Turns out I can arm using the master code in the Control4 app, but not with my regular user code (which does work for arming/disarming on the regular alarm keypad).

11 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Odd. Did you check firmware versions, was the 230 setup properly in the panel?

Yep, odd indeed. Firmware version of the driver? It is the latest. Firmware version of the panel is 4.5 and is the minimum required for the IT-230.

IT-230 should be correctly configured in the panel, based on the directions outlined in the IT-230 install guide that I followed. This seems like the only hang-up for now, otherwise it seems to be working well!

I'm reading through some documentation, and it seems there are some known conflicts between different firmware versions and/or hardware revisions (I meant the panel by the way), though I can't imagine that would cause 'just' normal user codes not to work...

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

I'm reading through some documentation, and it seems there are some known conflicts between different firmware versions and/or hardware revisions (I meant the panel by the way), though I can't imagine that would cause 'just' normal user codes not to work...

Interesting - what documentation? I'm going to dig into the programming some more in DLS tonight and see if I can get this last kink worked out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A Late bump to this thread.

Looking for some advice integrating the DSC system.

My security system is currently installed with no control4 integration and no coms cards.

anybody able to shed some light on the best way to go about things now? form what i can see i have 3 options

IT-100 card with the paid houslogix driver

houslogix HSIM with included driver.

IT-230 with Free official control4 driver

The IT-230 driver seems to be the lowest cost option but how stable and flexible is it with the 422-232 adapters? being in the UK some of things things are a pain to get hold of.

Any tips would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

In need of assistance.

Have fitted my IT-230 to my v4.6 panel.

In the control4 driver I get the software version and protocol version feedback to the Hc800.

The problem is that panel gets stuck on " establishing coms This may take a few mins" in the connection status.

My IT-230 also has no flashing leds.

any tips would be great, been messing about all day with little success 

• 5 months later...

The drive says: 

DSC TL280(Beta) - Control4 
- Support 
- NEO panels using any of the following communication boards, TL280, TL280R, TL2803G, TL2803GR 

IS the TL280 listed the same as the TL280E with IP connections?  http://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-products/TL280 - Internet Alarm Communicator/2487  Or does it have to be a serial adapter (R). 

Its for use with a PowerSeries Neo Control Panels HS2064

Thanks
David

2 hours ago, Dave w said:

The drive says: 

DSC TL280(Beta) - Control4 
- Support 
- NEO panels using any of the following communication boards, TL280, TL280R, TL2803G, TL2803GR 

IS the TL280 listed the same as the TL280E with IP connections?  http://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-products/TL280 - Internet Alarm Communicator/2487  Or does it have to be a serial adapter (R). 

Its for use with a PowerSeries Neo Control Panels HS2064

Thanks
David

I thought all of the TL280 had an IP connection and that's the driver I used in my setup.   I'm out and cant check my driver until this weekend but didn't recall that it was listed Beta...

If we use the "e " version can we communicate to C4 via IP AND do connection to Alarm.com simultaneously?

E model provides expanded user support and up to 4 ethernet integrations with PowerSeries Neo panels V1.2 and highe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Trying to integrate to a TL280E comms panel for a DSC PowerSeries Neo panel. It is currently communicating to the Neo Go app so would refer not to get rid of those settings. Can anyone advise if they have C4 controlling the panel via IP? Appears the TL280E does not have pins for serial connections (although there are solder points on the board).

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.