C4 Forums | Control4

DSC drivers for new security proxy

Cyknight

10 hours ago, The_Scale said:

Hi all,

Trying to integrate to a TL280E comms panel for a DSC PowerSeries Neo panel. It is currently communicating to the Neo Go app so would refer not to get rid of those settings. Can anyone advise if they have C4 controlling the panel via IP? Appears the TL280E does not have pins for serial connections (although there are solder points on the board).

Thanks

I'm controlling my system via IP.   Works great with my C4 system.  I'm not using the Neo Go app...

Sorry, for some reason I don't see these option in DLS.  Let me know what section you found them under and I will look.  It should be the same ports DLS uses to connect.   I don;t think I changes these from the default,  only what was listed in the driver documentation.   See below:

Initial Setup

Panel Configuration

Note: Beginning with NEO firmware version 5.01, some of the subsections to set up communication changed. If your system uses this later firmware, use the subsection numbers in red.

Before the DSC panel using the ITv2 communication module will be able to communicate with the Control4 system, the panel will need to be properly configured and some information will need to be retrieved from the panel.  It will be necessary to know the installer’s code for the panel.  After all the communication values have been set, it may be necessary to power cycle the panel to have it start in the right mode.

To look at the communication information on the panel, using the keypad press “*” then “8” the installer’s code. Then enter “851”. The screen will say “enter subsection.”  (If “851” is invalid, make sure that option 5 is set on subsection “382” and retry.)

Enter “651” (“422”).  The screen will show a 12 digit number (6 digits at a time, use the arrow keys to scroll to see the other digits).  This is the unique code that identifies this particular unit.  This number is not editable.  Make note of the first 8 digits as they will be used as the “peer key” for communication encryption.  Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “652” (“423”).  The screen will show an 8 digit number (4 digits at a time).  This number is editable and can be set to anything desired.  It will be used as the “own key” for communication encryption. Make a note of the number. Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Note: If the “652” (“423”) subsection doesn’t work, then this unit won’t communicate with encrypted data so two encryption keys will not be needed.

For serial communication:

Enter “663” (“425”).  Bits 1 and 5 need to be on for serial communication.  Bits can be toggled by pressing the number for that bit.  The screen should read “1 - - - 5 - - -“.  Press the “#” to go back to the subsection screen.  Press “#” again to return to the selection screen and once more to return to the main screen.

For IP communication:

Enter “663” (“425”).  Bits 3 and 5 need to be on for Ethernet communication.  Bits can be toggled by pressing the number for that bit.  The screen should read “- - 3 - 5 - - -“. Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “664” (“426”).  Bit 3 needs to be on for TCP communications. The screen should read “- - 3 - - - - -“.  Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “693” (“428”).  Enter the IP address of the controller running Director.  The panel will initiate the communication and needs to know what address to target.  The address will be displayed 3 digits at a time, so use the arrow keys to get to the next session.  For example if Director’s IP address were 192.168.0.123 then enter 192 > 168 > 000 > 123.  Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “694” (“429”).  Make sure this number “0C00”.  This is the port number used for the communications. Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “711”.  Make sure this is “0078”.  This is another 8 digit number that only shows 4 digits at a time.  Initially this will show 0000, but scroll right to see the other digits. This is the number seconds for the TCP timeout. If the panel hasn’t received any communication in this period of time, the communications will reset and attempt to connect again. (This is a hexadecimal number 78hex is the same as 120dec, so this actually means 120 seconds, or 2 minutes.)  Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.

Enter “992”.  This is the IP address of the panel’s communication module.  We won’t need to know it for our setup, but make sure it’s valid.  Press “#” to go back to the subsection screen.  Press “#” again to return to the selection screen and once more to return to the main screen.

Control4 Project Configuration

Open Composer and add the DSC TL280 security panel driver to your project.

Before Director can communicate with the ITv2 module, it needs to have settings entered.

In System Design mode in Composer select the Security Panel device to go to its properties page.

In the “Advanced Properties” section, click on the “Actions” tab.

Click on the “Enter Installation Info” button.  Enter a valid user code, your installer code, the Peer Key (read from location 651 on the keypad), and the Own Key (read from location 652 on the keypad).  If the panel doesn’t support encryption, i.e. location 651 and/or 652 was invalid, then just leave these slots blank.

Click “OK” to close the dialog box.

For serial communication:

Check on the “Properties” tab of the “Advanced Properties” and make that “Communication Method” is set to “Serial”.

Change to connections mode and bind the serial connection of the security panel to the appropriate serial connection on the controller or other device.  This will start the communication process.

Note: make sure that the panel is using a straight-through serial cable connected to a Control4 controller or other device that supports serial connections.

For IP communication:

Go to the “Properties” tab of the “Advanced Properties” and change “Communication Method” to “IP”.  This will start the port listening for communication from the security panel.  It may take 3 or 4 minutes, so be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just to clarify I have only one main question as my Control4 integration through my TL280 via IP to my DSC HS2032 has always and continues to work fine for basic arming and disarming and zone status information.  BUT with this new v2 security proxy:

SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE THE HISTORY TAB IN CONTROL4?  ALSO, SHOULD I HAVE AN ACTIVE FUNCTIONS BUTTON IN CONTROL4?  I HAVE NO HISTORY TAB/BUTTON ON ANY C4 NAVIGATOR OR WITHIN COMPOSER AND MY FUNCTIONS BUTTON IS NOT ACTIVE/HAS NEVER BEEN ACTIVE.  PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGE FOR WHAT I SEE IN CONTROL4 ON MY IPHONE (SIMILAR TO EXACT ON PC, TOUCHPANELS, ETC.)

Background/detail:

I have had Control4 talking to my TL280 (5.03) and HS2032 for some time now since my C4 2.10.2 system has been fully functional for the last 6 mos or so.  I am able to arm and disarm the alarm in C4 within my LAN and outside the home as well.  I have read all of the forum entries here and other places and as I take another run at this I just need a level set.

The PDF document referred to in this thread as well as others shows things that I do not see in Control4 on any of my navigators.  My various security windows look similar to what I see in the PDF but....SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE:

1.  Status, Zones and History tabs at top?  I do see status and zones off to the left on the iPhone navigator (see attached screen print).  I have NEVER seen the history tab exposed.  Zones and status  work fine and show all the zones in my system albeit with some mislabeled doors vs windows etc (I understood this was fixed with the old Domosapiens IT-100 serial driver).

2.  Should I see "Security Panel" or "Partition 1" in the navigator.  For the attached screen print this dialog was opened under the heading security panel.  Occasionally I see Partition 1 as the entry point but all other points here remain the same.  

3.  MOST importantly I have never been able to use the functions menu from within C4 for such things as bypassing zones while away from the house, temporary codes and the other things I would hope that would be here should the functions icon ever show as enabled.

All items in the driver seem to look as everyone has explained here but I just wanted to confirm as it is not  100% clear in these forums or in the PDF if the extended functionality I am after should be enabled with the latest driver, C4 version and other linkages here (protocol version is 02.17) and I am using AES-encryption 128 and of course all my keys are working (show true) and IP is communicating. It stops if I reset the TL-280 but always comes back in a few minutes.  I just never see history or a functions menu enabled.

SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE THE HISTORY TAB IN CONTROL4?  ALSO, SHOULD I HAVE AN ACTIVE FUNCTIONS BUTTON IN CONTROL4?  I HAVE NO HISTORY TAB/BUTTON ON ANY C4 NAVIGATOR OR WITHIN COMPOSER AND MY FUNCTIONS BUTTON IS NOT ACTIVE/HAS NEVER BEEN ACTIVE. 

Thanks in advance!

David

image1.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2018 at 12:12 PM, TxHillCountryC4 said:

Just to clarify I have only one main question as my Control4 integration through my TL280 via IP to my DSC HS2032 has always and continues to work fine for basic arming and disarming and zone status information.  BUT with this new v2 security proxy:

SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE THE HISTORY TAB IN CONTROL4?  ALSO, SHOULD I HAVE AN ACTIVE FUNCTIONS BUTTON IN CONTROL4?  I HAVE NO HISTORY TAB/BUTTON ON ANY C4 NAVIGATOR OR WITHIN COMPOSER AND MY FUNCTIONS BUTTON IS NOT ACTIVE/HAS NEVER BEEN ACTIVE.  PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGE FOR WHAT I SEE IN CONTROL4 ON MY IPHONE (SIMILAR TO EXACT ON PC, TOUCHPANELS, ETC.)

Background/detail:

I have had Control4 talking to my TL280 (5.03) and HS2032 for some time now since my C4 2.10.2 system has been fully functional for the last 6 mos or so.  I am able to arm and disarm the alarm in C4 within my LAN and outside the home as well.  I have read all of the forum entries here and other places and as I take another run at this I just need a level set.

The PDF document referred to in this thread as well as others shows things that I do not see in Control4 on any of my navigators.  My various security windows look similar to what I see in the PDF but....SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE:

1.  Status, Zones and History tabs at top?  I do see status and zones off to the left on the iPhone navigator (see attached screen print).  I have NEVER seen the history tab exposed.  Zones and status  work fine and show all the zones in my system albeit with some mislabeled doors vs windows etc (I understood this was fixed with the old Domosapiens IT-100 serial driver).

2.  Should I see "Security Panel" or "Partition 1" in the navigator.  For the attached screen print this dialog was opened under the heading security panel.  Occasionally I see Partition 1 as the entry point but all other points here remain the same.  

3.  MOST importantly I have never been able to use the functions menu from within C4 for such things as bypassing zones while away from the house, temporary codes and the other things I would hope that would be here should the functions icon ever show as enabled.

All items in the driver seem to look as everyone has explained here but I just wanted to confirm as it is not  100% clear in these forums or in the PDF if the extended functionality I am after should be enabled with the latest driver, C4 version and other linkages here (protocol version is 02.17) and I am using AES-encryption 128 and of course all my keys are working (show true) and IP is communicating. It stops if I reset the TL-280 but always comes back in a few minutes.  I just never see history or a functions menu enabled.

SHOULD I BE ABLE TO SEE THE HISTORY TAB IN CONTROL4?  ALSO, SHOULD I HAVE AN ACTIVE FUNCTIONS BUTTON IN CONTROL4?  I HAVE NO HISTORY TAB/BUTTON ON ANY C4 NAVIGATOR OR WITHIN COMPOSER AND MY FUNCTIONS BUTTON IS NOT ACTIVE/HAS NEVER BEEN ACTIVE. 

Thanks in advance!

David

image1.png

I can see the History tab on my Control4 Touchpad.... 

7 hours ago, ejn1 said:

I can see the History tab on my Control4 Touchpad.... 

ejn1---Thanks for the confirmation.  Is the functions button greyed out (not active) as it is in my attached picture or do you have access to the "functions" functionality?

I now too have History active on all navigators (iOS, T3 Touchpanels, etc.).  After some upgrades to my DSC component firmware Control4 lost access to the DSC TL2803GRE communicator.  We tried every setting imaginable over several weeks to try to get IP communicating again from the C4 driver to the DSC but no luck.  Ultimately I had to do what one other suggested on this forum and jumper 4 and 5 together on the 2803GRE to reset it to factory and after re-enabling it on the DSC keypad....Control4 was connected again AND the History tab/button was now available and working!  See attached updated screen print from iPhone/iOS with history working BUT functions still INACTIVE...image1.thumb.png.0fb7a9e2681f5026522f36eb6d6461da.png

However the Functions button still shows as inactive so I am curious if anyone else has that working between C4 (10.2.4) and a DSC 2032 panel with TL2803GRE 5.2 IP/GSM communicator?????

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, TxHillCountryC4 said:

ejn1---Thanks for the confirmation.  Is the functions button greyed out (not active) as it is in my attached picture or do you have access to the "functions" functionality?

I now too have History active on all navigators (iOS, T3 Touchpanels, etc.).  After some upgrades to my DSC component firmware Control4 lost access to the DSC TL2803GRE communicator.  We tried every setting imaginable over several weeks to try to get IP communicating again from the C4 driver to the DSC but no luck.  Ultimately I had to do what one other suggested on this forum and jumper 4 and 5 together on the 2803GRE to reset it to factory and after re-enabling it on the DSC keypad....Control4 was connected again AND the History tab/button was now available and working!  See attached updated screen print from iPhone/iOS with history working BUT functions still INACTIVE...image1.thumb.png.0fb7a9e2681f5026522f36eb6d6461da.png

However the Functions button still shows as inactive so I am curious if anyone else has that working between C4 (10.2.4) and a DSC 2032 panel with TL2803GRE 5.2 IP/GSM communicator?????

Thanks again!

My ios screen looks identical to yours.   I can click the history the button on the bottom and it will show the history but my button to the right of the emergency button is grayed out like your pic....   The functions button is also grayed out on my T3 touchscreen.  Not sure what this button does as I see history and zones buttons and they are active unless you are trying to use this interface as the "sole" keypad for your DSC system?  eg to clear error codes, get into installer menu etc?   Doesn't look like the C4 driver gives that full access as a DSC keypad would.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, THawes said:

Yes, updated IT-100 driver has the new security proxy now.

I as well as another user updated to the new IT-100 driver and were unable to disable partitions 2-8.  Is anyone else having the same problem?  It is annoying to have to select Partition 1 every time you go into the security system on the app.

I tried to update to the new driver and can no longer see the home alarm system under the Security menu.  I can't even select which rooms I want it to show up in.  It is communicating with my alarm system but I can't see it on any of the screens.  What am I doing wrong? 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, SY3 said:

I tried to update to the new driver and can no longer see the home alarm system under the Security menu.  I can't even select which rooms I want it to show up in.  It is communicating with my alarm system but I can't see it on any of the screens.  What am I doing wrong? 

Check under the Navigator tab for the room in System Design (where you set the Watch and Listen lists). There is a section for security where the new drivers may be hidden.

1 hour ago, Unsocialtoaster said:

Check under the Navigator tab for the room in System Design (where you set the Watch and Listen lists). There is a section for security where the new drivers may be hidden.

That’s exactly where I’m looking and don’t see it. On the driver itself, I don’t see rooms to select which rooms I want to see it under at all. I’ve refreshed navigators and rebooted director. 

I’ve reverted back to the previous driver for the time being. I’m also running 2.10.6 on a HC800

On 4/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, WaarrEagle said:

I as well as another user updated to the new IT-100 driver and were unable to disable partitions 2-8.  Is anyone else having the same problem?  It is annoying to have to select Partition 1 every time you go into the security system on the app.

Got my driver updated and am also having that issue with dialing partitions.  Seems like a bug to fix.

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, BPFUNK said:

Got my driver updated and am also having that issue with dialing partitions.  Seems like a bug to fix.

I had my system upgraded to 3.0 this week and the free IT-100 driver no longer has the same problem.  Not sure if a new version is available for 2.X as well?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys! I have for several years now a Honeywell Vista 128BPT integrated with my Control4 system with Houselogix driver and wanted to upgrade to OS3. Just found out the House logix driver uses V1 security proxy and it needs to be at least V2 to be integrated with the new OS3. Was informed by people from SanpAV (Houselogix) that they will probably not going to upgrade the driver.

I am running the Control4 system with na EA-5 controller and I cannot see a way to solve this driver issue,

The only solution I see is to change my panel! Thinking of using DSC Neo HS2128 panel with TL280 IP connection. But before I have to be sure of some things:

1. Does the DSC driver use the V2 security proxy? Will it be compatible with OS3?

2. Does the DSC driver track zone status in realtime even with the panel not armed?

Thanks for all your help guys!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.