C4 Forums | Control4

Help with repeating announcement

eggzlot

As I posted elsewhere, I am having doorbell issues.  So now I need to rig up something backwards just to get a functioning door bell, even though its barely a Band-Aid at that.

The script below is when my foyer touchscreen receives an incoming call.  Could be my new holovision door station calling, or could be broadcasting a call to all touchscreens using the intercom function.  so yes, when I go to use the intercom to find my fiancé in the house, the doorbell is going to ring and PiP will go on the TV.  great set up ;-)  Anyways, its a temp fix since a month without a doorbell, and a big Super Bowl party looming, I need something.

For some reason, the script below will play the doorbell2 file 2x, though I clearly have it in there 4x.  The file itself is 1.2 seconds long, which is why I have the 2 second delay, to allow for the file to play, complete itself, then start up again.

Any suggestions on what I can do?  I'd take a 5-10 second file with multiple chimes in it, but I cannot find one online that sounds decent.  Most files online are 5-10 seconds and only 1 chime which will not suit this function.  I don't want chimes going off for 30 seconds or that far spaced out.

Any suggestions on this script as to why its not firing off 4 announcements?

Capture.PNG

This is less of a solution to the programming problem, but one option could be to grab a simple free audio editing program online, and stitch the doorbell audio clip you like together and make it 4 times the length. That would allow you to remove the delays and repeat announcement steps out of the equation.

announcements take about 30 seconds give or take to execute properly

this is not a fixed amount it depends on a number of things 

i would create a timer 30 seconds

and have it repeat until a condition is met, line i picked up / executes x amount of times what ever you need

or get the right doorbell!

Doesnt the announcement agent have a limit of 15 seconds or something?  I took 2 20 second files and merged them together, was going to have a thing to cut off announcement when the door contact is opened, but I think its going to be too long and maybe even too big (though I can put it in another file to shrink it down)

getting late, may fool around more tomorrow when I am more alert.

I got it. found a 4 second file, stitched 3 together for a  12 second loop.  I was going to try and program to have it play again, another 12 seconds, but cut off if the door sensor on the front door opened.

I thought of evoking a "front door open" timer (30 seconds) so if timer was still counting down, if the door had not been open, and the announcement was done (12 seconds), play another loop of the 12 second file.  It was messy and its getting late so I dropped that piece, but anyone done something like that before?  Basically if I get to the door in 12 seconds, don't replay the file.  If I do not get to the door in 12 seconds, replay the file.  getting to the door would be triggered by me opening the door (there is a contact on the door).

I had:

IF timer is running
   IF door is open
       stop announcement

That would cut it off, but could not see how to loop if not open, would it be:

IF timer is running
   IF door is open
       stop 
   IF door is not open
       delay 13 seconds (one second longer than the file) 
       execute doorbell announcement

and just make the timer for like 1 second longer than the wav file?  my thought would be this would create an infinite loop when I am not home :-)  I could start to program off security too if disarm is set, but this is getting rather complex and I have to think there is an easier way?

Any thoughts?

Archived