C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 remote battery compartment cover

drmark12pa

I've managed to damage 2 of my SR250 remotes dropping them resulting in the battery compartment cover tab breaking off so the cover no longer stays on without taping it shut.  Is there anyway to get a replacement for these covers from Control4 or similar source?  These are expensive remotes to have them taped closed.

Had the same thing happen with 2 of my remotes as well. Asked my dealer and he said that only if you order the rechargeable battery can you get a new cover.

Too bad someone can't get a CAD file of it and make some using a 3D printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I've done the same for a client or two with velcro style pads  (double hook style, very thing pieces) - you can't see the difference and keeps it easy to open and close to change batteries.

Though I still don't understand how people manage to break these things (for the record I have 3 young kids under 9 and hardwood flooring and have NEVER managed to 'get' one damaged at all in more years than I have had 3 kids....)

^ Its not just the 3 kids.  Try having 12-13 kids over every weekend and tile floors.  Its not that they drop them that often (they do that a number of times a day) but for some reason they feel compelled to keep opening and closing the battery compartment.  That's what I found breaks the inside tab.

My solution has been to hide the remotes and have the kids use the mobile app on their phones.  They are much more careful with their phones since they know I will replace them with flip phones.  The main living area has an in-wall touchscreen as well.  

3 hours ago, sally said:

^ Its not just the 3 kids.  Try having 12-13 kids over every weekend and tile floors.  Its not that they drop them that often (they do that a number of times a day) but for some reason they feel compelled to keep opening and closing the battery compartment.  That's what I found breaks the inside tab.

My solution has been to hide the remotes and have the kids use the mobile app on their phones.  They are much more careful with their phones since they know I will replace them with flip phones.  The main living area has an in-wall touchscreen as well.  

LOL.

I'm a Control4 'maniac' - my house is as 'nutz' as it gets - at temperatures where Fahrenheit and Celsius meet - where do you THINK the neighbourhood kids are? 12-13 is a good day. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2016 at 8:37 PM, drmark12pa said:

I've managed to damage 2 of my SR250 remotes dropping them resulting in the battery compartment cover tab breaking off so the cover no longer stays on without taping it shut.  Is there anyway to get a replacement for these covers from Control4 or similar source?  These are expensive remotes to have them taped closed.

I have 2 extra's now...If you are Interested in making a deal for them - PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
On February 2, 2016 at 6:58 AM, sally said:

On February 2, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Cyknight said:

LOL.

I'm a Control4 'maniac' - my house is as 'nutz' as it gets - at temperatures where Fahrenheit and Celsius meet - where do you THINK the neighbourhood kids are? 12-13 is a good day. ;)

2 of my three boys are now self supporting. They only started treating things will real respect when they started to pay their own bills. 

I've managed to only have one that's broken, and I've got 3 boys between 5 and 8. I've had Control4 longer than I've had them, and only suffered that one casualty (and an old V1 that got the LCD cracked).

I'd love to be able to buy a new door for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived