C4 Forums | Control4

ontrol4 Acquires Pakedge Device & Software, a Leader in Advanced Home Networking

alanchow

Seems like a good move for C4.

I just wish the Pakedge stuff wasn't so expensive (at least for home users).   I put my network gear in for a fraction of what it would have cost me otherwise.

But I would love to have a C4-certified/approved/blessed setup so I wouldn't hear "you must have a network issue" any time something doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

This ought to be interesting ... Control4 as a networking company.  Can't wait to see where this acquisition takes them.  I hope they are going to build affordable video distribution over IP via wired and wireless into their products using these Pakedge devices.   It cost at least $500 or more per TV, to add that TV into any matrix or Just Add Power solution and that may not even include the cost of programming by your Control4 installer.  Control4 has to figure out how to make video distribution (audio too) less costly and less obtrusive.  If done correctly and with the thought of the end customer in mind, this acquisition has the potential to change that and that gets them into more homes.  None of the DiY automation companies have that capability.

On February 4, 2016 at 5:36 PM, funnyfarm299 said:

We're pretty happy with Araknis gear for residential installs. However, an additional option is always welcome.

I'm unfamiliar with their WiFi offerings. How does it compare to Ruckus?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It doesn't compare, but Ruckus isn't a typical residential product. 

Long thread here on Luxul/Pakedge etc: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?33319

Archived