C4 Forums | Control4

Portable TV

MakeItAMudLight

Getting ready for a little Super Bowl get together I was wondering what any of you out there may be doing for a portable TV setup?  My patio is already wired for sound that can play anything in my system.  Unfortunately I don't really have a suitable place for a permanently mounted TV out there.

I have a portable TV with an HDMI balun attached to the back that I can hook up to a Cat6 outlet fed from an outlput on a HDMI matrix.   I can move the TV to anywhere I have an outlet and all I have to do is swap the appropriate cable into the matrix output.  The C4 config never changes, but I can move the TV to almost any room in the house.

I had actually considered this as I have DTV but how well does it actually work?  I've got a wireless HDMI kit but it only seems to work when it wants to.  

It's not going to make any miracles, but it will get you a TV across a room or through a wall.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Does it connect via Wifi?  I haven't really looked into it much.  I only have one Genie mini in my system as it is because the lag is horrible in my opinion.  

Any client is not going to be synchronized with the server because of how the technology works. This applies for wired and wireleas units. There's actually a video bridge that gets installed at the nearest coax location.

3 minutes ago, funnyfarm299 said:

Any client is not going to be synchronized with the server because of how the technology works. This applies for wired and wireleas units. There's actually a video bridge that gets installed at the nearest coax location.

I get that there should be a delay but mine is off by two to three minutes.  That seems excessive.  I'll look a little more into this though.  

4 hours ago, funnyfarm299 said:

That is not at all normal. It's maybe three seconds off on my system.

Yeah but DirecTV seems to think as long as it works it's good.  Every time I've called they just want me to press the red button on the Genie.  And since I have an HR-34 it takes forever to restart.  

Archived