C4 Forums | Control4

Using C4 Amazon Fire TV IP Driver - auto launch

eggzlot

I see an option to create a "custom app" and then under programming you can do when Amazon Fire TV starts > launch custom app.  So in the monitoring side of HE I created a custom app called Kodi.  Then in programming I tried to find it when I went to Amazon Fire TV starts > launch custom app but it was not an option, just a bunch of variable states were apps.  Also I am likely missing a step since by just creating "kodi" as a custom app by title, how would the driver to know which app, how to find it, etc (since its buried under settings/applications/managed applications).

Thanks in advanced

Apps not in the standard list
If you want to launch an App that is not in the standard list then you will need to know the domain of the app.  First turn debug mode ‘On’ then launch the required App on the Fire TV.  Then on the Lua tab look for a message similar to ‘App Domain: com.nfl.now’ make a note of the name - in this case com.nfl.now
You can now enter it into one of the four custom app properties, which in turn can be activated from the colored buttons.  Alternatively use this with the custom programming command.

22 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Custom apps don't shoe up anywhere. You have to map it to a button

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ah so I cannot say when AFT turns on, go to custom app....just need to map it to a button on the remote?  but even when I try that it is not showing up.

I have "#" available on my remote.  So if I am in the living room and say when "#" is pressed I go to the AFT driver on the right side of the screen and pick device specific command, start custom app, and nothing there shows up; well tons of things show up like I listed above, but the org.xmbc.kodi which I created as a custom app in the monitoring part of the driver does not show up as an option.

trying to eliminate going into the AFT settings > blah blah to get to kodi, its like 4-6 clicks total

ok so I just figured it out, but you can only map to the Red, Green and Yellow buttons?

I mapped it in the driver to the green button and now it works - so thank you!

only issue, I had something else programmed on the green (and yellow and blue) buttons

I can move the green programming to */. or #/-

I know in programming how to do something on a button (as I had a sleep timer programmed on the green button prior).  When using the remote, how do you differentiate between * or . and # or -.  One button has 2 symbols, is that just to match up with OEM remotes, or can you get two functions per button (And if so, how do you do that?)

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Let me look you should be able to do what you want

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

thanks.  within the driver it was clear to map it but they only gave you 3 button options for mapping.  I was hoping I could do it via the traditional route of selecting the living room on the left side of programming then you can go to commands and get all the buttons on the SR-250.  for now green button is fine for kodi, I rarely use the sleep timer in the living room.  If I could find the differences between those 4 icons/2 buttons on the bottom of the remote I could figure it out, as 2 of the buttons * and # are being used, so could I also use - or . ?

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

thanks.  within the driver it was clear to map it but they only gave you 3 button options for mapping.  I was hoping I could do it via the traditional route of selecting the living room on the left side of programming then you can go to commands and get all the buttons on the SR-250.  for now green button is fine for kodi, I rarely use the sleep timer in the living room.  If I could find the differences between those 4 icons/2 buttons on the bottom of the remote I could figure it out, as 2 of the buttons * and # are being used, so could I also use - or . ?

Here is how you want to do it then you can just put org.xmbc.kodi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqef55k8q2u9h8x/Screenshot%202016-02-21%2019.53.08.png?dl=0

On 2/22/2016 at 7:53 PM, msgreenf said:

Here is how you want to do it then you can just put org.xmbc.kodi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqef55k8q2u9h8x/Screenshot%202016-02-21%2019.53.08.png?dl=0

thanks I'll give this a shot tonight; haven't had time the last few days.  When I got to that screen I was clicking the down arrow and that is where I could not find anything remotely close to Kodi/XBMC.

Archived