C4 Forums | Control4

Xfinity XG1-A IR issues

Hey all,

Im having a weird issue with this box.  This is the first -A we've gotten in this area, up until now they were all the Xg1-P, according to Comcast, there is no difference in IR codes, but none of the existing drivers are working, even when I build a driver, the codes are hit and miss when controlling the box.  Anyone run into any issues with this box?  Do i just have a box with a crap IR receiver.  Any help would be much appreciated!

no, Unfortunately its definitely in the right spot.  I'd say half the codes are working.  its very odd.  for instance, both channel up and down send a channel up command.  I've now swapped the box with no change.  According to Comcast, this remote (the xr11) is RF only, and the codes the EA-1 are capturing arent working.  its really weird.

Just out of curiosity where do you have the IR bud? This box has it in a new location and it's a bit of a pain.

This is the box I have and not having any issues outside of the updated driver having and issue with direct channel input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Can u repost this? It's protected inside dealer portal. I switched from Direct TV (IP control) to Xfinity (X1) using the IR driver and am very disappointed. Half the time the remote doesn't result in an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried to go into menu of comcast box and change the remote from rf to ir ? I think if you unpair the remote to the box it goes to ir control.

I have used ir remote eye systems on x1 platform boxes in the past. Then you can try to learn ir commands directly from the remote

You can also hold setup button until all power lights up green ,then you enter 987 and that will turn remote to ir.

Archived