C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 Unresponsive on One Button

jamieuk

Question

I have a SR-250 which has become unresponsive on one button (the right arrow). I have moved another SR-250 into that room, changed its room, and it works ok suggesting there is nothing wrong on the IR side. I have tried standard battery removal restart. Does this suggest the hardware is faulty and needs returning for repair or are there other steps one might try? Many thanks.

17 answers to this question

On February 25, 2016 at 9:50 PM, RyanE said:

Biggest differences (other than different layout) are a larger (more lines in list), more color screen, and 3 new custom buttons on the remote, and I believe it's a bit faster.

RyanE

15 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Yep, it's an improved version.

The layout (which is not only different but better once you're used to it) is what really makes me want to change all of them.

I'm glad I haven't seen or used one yet because I know that I will want them. I have 8 250's and definitely don't  need to spend the money. My plan will be as my 250's break replace them with 260's or a newer version if one is available. 

There's certainly some improvments - but n 'major new functions' or anything.

The things is more that they are just that bit different - and having two different remotes is annoying (yes that's what I have). To me that is WAY more it than the improvements.

You changed your tune on the having both in your home!

Good to know. Now you guys have almost have me wishing that at least one of my 250's go south. The funny thing is that the 260's came out just after my system was installed and I asked my dealer about the 260's and he said they were not big deal and didn't have much improvement. Hahaha doesn't sound that way.

Is it possible to integrate an SR260 instead of replacing the 250 with another 250. Will an SR 260 work with the other 250's in the system? Is replacing with a 260 the same amount of work as replacing with a 250?

Is it possible to integrate an SR260 instead of replacing the 250 with another 250.

Yes. No realistic limit to the number of SR250/260 in the project.

Will an SR 260 work with the other 250's in the system?

Yes a system can have both in it.

Is replacing with a 260 the same amount of work as replacing with a 250?

Yes. Have the 250 or 260 inside the mesh. Have composer pro or express running. Press the red 4 4 times.

On February 21, 2016 at 7:30 AM, msgreenf said:

i have a remote with a broken select button.  If it's under warranty Control4 will cover it, else it will be time to replace it.

Is it possible to integrate an SR260 instead of replacing the 250 with another 250. Will an SR 260 work with the other 250's in the system? Is replacing with a 260 the same amount of work as replacing with a 250?

Archived