C4 Forums | Control4

Assign audio outs on HC250 to separate rooms...

9800pro

Hi,

so i have Denon X3200W AVR which has 2 separate audio zones.

I connected HC250 with hdmi cable to DVD input and with RCA cable to CD input.

One zone is Living room and second is Terrace.

Now, it works somehow ok, i can listen to two instances of TuneIn or MyMusic in the same time.

Issue i have is when music is playing in both zones and i press red C4 on remote the music from Terrace starts playing in Living room.

Can i somehow set that hdmi out is for Living room and RCA out is for Terrace?

I tried several audio endpoints setups but couldn't get it to work properly.

Any idea or help is appreciated.

Thx

This sort of effect is EXACTLY why I don't recommend using receiver zone outputs - it's so often a mess.

There's a C4 kb article and driver on dealing with this that should force what you need however, could be the audio endpoint driver is in the db with explanation in the documentation tab - not sure.

Thanks for answering. I will check driver docs. This really sucks because we have all this possibilities in new equipment this days and we can't use them for what they are meant for. Also i can't really explain to the customer that even if he bought 1000€ AVR he will still need Sonos Amp for instance to get the job done. The problem as i see it is that hdmi is prioritised over RCA output on hc250. So when everything is OFF if i start Terrace first it will take audio from hdmi. Then when i start Living room it will take audio from RCA. And then when i press red C4 because gui is over hdmi the music from Terrace will start playing in Living room. If we could somehow fix that RCA is for Terrace in my example and hdmi for Living room then the issue would be gone. I did manage to get some good results by putting RCA out on hc250 as audio endpoint for Terrace but then when i choose music on T3 in Living room it wouldn't start the room.

Is there somewhere a proper explanation of all audio and video endpoints, what exactly they do and some examples...and i don't mean composer pro manual...

Sent from my LG G2

2 hours ago, 9800pro said:

I'm on it. Thanks again Cyknight.

Sent from my LG G2

Found it (analog audio endpoint driver) but can't download the document, i get an error page. They probably doing some maintenance on site.

Check the new knowledge base from the dealer site instead of the old kb site.

would love to see this article as well. i have a bathroom speaker that i want to extend audio from the controller (deezer), same as the OP. it's a denon x5200w and zone3 can only accept analog, which is fine. i've yet to find a way to duplicate the HDMI output over the RCA output to feed the beast that is the x5200. fwiw, directv can do this, as long as HDMI output is negotiated with it's client, then it will output over RCA as well from the same receiver. 

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The article is dealer documentation - it's not for us to share I'm afraid. Plus it involves drivers and setup not available outside of Pro anyway :)

I can't believe C4 thinks it's a good idea to restrict access to information of this type.  

Can you at least post enough information so my dealer can find the article you reference?  I want to do something similar, but my dealer says its not possible so I would like him to read the article.

You beat me to it guys

So as every controler gives priority to hdmi over other outputs there is a issue when starting second or third zone before main zone. When we do that zone 2 or 3 are fed from hdmi. Then when starting main zone music will be the same as in zone 2 or 3.

Idea is to "assign" those analog audio outputs to zones 2 and 3 for instance. That way hdmi is always bound to main zone. For now there is a article which dealers can access and will provide explanation on how to do it. For those who have access to dealer material just search "zone 2" and article is easy to find. It's all about analog audio endpoint matter

Sent from my LG G2

Archived