C4 Forums | Control4

Assign audio outs on HC250 to separate rooms...

9800pro

Just tried it on hc250 and it doesnt work. Even if you start zone2 first it will take hdmi as output.

It seems that you really NEED to disable hdmi AV path for this to work.

So hc800, ea-3 and ea-5 are ok with this, hc250 not...

3 hours ago, 9800pro said:

Just tried it on hc250 and it doesnt work. Even if you start zone2 first it will take hdmi as output.

It seems that you really NEED to disable hdmi AV path for this to work.

So hc800, ea-3 and ea-5 are ok with this, hc250 not...

You may have the option of editing the driver to NOT convert (assuming you don't need that function)

I don't quite follow you. With setup like in the said article i thought that analog audio endpoint will always get source from analog output on hc250. It seems that it won't if hdmi isn't scaled down. And if i scale it down than i loose that audio source for main zone. There is simply no physical connection for audio only part of hdmi. This is where ea-3 hits with it's 2 additional audio outputs besides hdmi.

Sent from my LG G2

The analog audio endpoint is ONLY for use when that's the end of the audio path. For example, you have a set of amplified speakers connected directly to the analog out of the HC250. If there's equipment behind the controller, the analog audio endpoint is not used.

When you have two paths into a receiver, HDMI and analog, Control4 tries to choose the 'best' path. HDMI is a digital audio path and is considered the best, and will always be chosen first if it's available. So to ensure audio is available to zone 2, you either need an AVR that can pass HDMI audio to zone 2 or not have an audio path from the HDMI output.

One workaround can be adding a second receiver driver, controlled by IR (because you can double-bind IR outputs), and only connect analog audio out from the hc250 to the second receiver with the zone 2 only being connected on the second receiver.

Hc250 and Denon X3200.

From hdmi out to hdmi aux2 in and analog audio out to dvd analog audio in. Then followed setup in that article to setup analog audio endpoint for zone2.

Then when starting zone2 first avr switches input to aux2 instead of dvd...

Sent from my LG G2

Archived