C4 Forums | Control4

How to Update Composer HE

FLA

21 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Your HE should always match your system version - you can get it on your customer.control4.com account

Thx I downloaded it from the C4 site just as you said. It asked me if I wanted to install Tap Software which I denied because I had no clue what it was. My display is set at 125 DPI because I have trouble seeing it at the standard 96 DPI so when I start up Composer HE it reminds me that I'm not on 96 DPI and that I might not be able to se the e all items. It was right I couldn't see the buttons to shut down the program so I did it in Task Mgr. In then changed the DPI setting to 96 and I still could not see the proper buttons to shut the program down. Have you ever had that problem viewing Composer HE?

I use ComposerHE little, but I'm also always on 96DPI - I've heard of the issue though, and if memory servers, you'll just have to restart the computer.

As for the (WIN)TAP software - it's software that allows remote connection (ie you, if you had 4Sight could log in and program while away)

14 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I use ComposerHE little, but I'm also always on 96DPI - I've heard of the issue though, and if memory servers, you'll just have to restart the computer.

As for the (WIN)TAP software - it's software that allows remote connection (ie you, if you had 4Sight could log in and program while away)

Thx so much. I really appreciate all of your comments, opinions and your direction. 

14 hours ago, Cyknight said:

The 96DPI issue has been noted by C4 mind you (I know it exists for Pro as well) - but I do not know if it is on their list, let alone their short list, to fix/add support for.

We'll all have to work around it until they decide to fix it. On mine I have to use windows task manager to close the program even with 96DPI resolution on my screen. At this point it's a moot point for me since I haven't gotten the courage to use my HE.

Archived