C4 Forums | Control4

HC 200 - Programming AUDIO IN as a source

C4Jockey

I would like to use the 3.5mm AUDIO IN jack on a HC 200 as a generic audio source and I can't get my head around how to configure this in Composer. Where does the "virtual output" go?

Ultimately, my goal is to connect the audio output from a computer local to a HC 200 to play on any of my audio zones. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

I would like to use the 3.5mm AUDIO IN jack on a HC 200 as a generic audio source and I can't get my head around how to configure this in Composer. Where does the "virtual output" go?

Ultimately, my goal is to connect the audio output from a computer local to a HC 200 to play on any of my audio zones. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

1) Create a DVD player.

2) Bind the analog audio to the controller

3) ?????

4) Profit

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies.  The driver is not the issue.  I would create a generic driver and bind the output of that into the input of the HC 200.  The question is where does the input of the HC 200 go to?  e.g. what would I bind to the input of my audio matrix switch?

3 hours ago, C4Jockey said:

Thanks for your replies.  The driver is not the issue.  I would create a generic driver and bind the output of that into the input of the HC 200.  The question is where does the input of the HC 200 go to?  e.g. what would I bind to the input of my audio matrix switch?

You don't bind the output of the HC200 unless you have something physically plugged into it. Let director worry about audio paths.

I seem to be missing something here.  My generic device (Computer Audio Out) does not show up as an Audio Source unless I assign it to Audio End-Point 2.

I've added other generic devices audio devices without any issues before.

Again, what I am simply trying to do is connect the audio output of my computer to the audio input jack of the HC-200 in my study and have that audio go the the study's zone (Audio Matrix Switch/ Audio Amplifier)

I don't think I have any issues with connections or paths, etc.

This should be really simple as all I am doing is connecting an audio source to a HC200.  The only difference is that all my other audio sources have a physical output and the audio in to the HC200 would have a 'virtual' output.

5 minutes ago, C4Jockey said:

This should be really simple as all I am doing is connecting an audio source to a HC200.  The only difference is that all my other audio sources have a physical output and the audio in to the HC200 would have a 'virtual' output.

It sounds like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this works. Which, in turn, is absolutely causing you to not have the correct connections.

The HC200 would NOT have a virtual output. There has to be a PHYSICAL OUTPUT and a corresponding connection in Composer.

45 minutes ago, C4Jockey said:

It IS really simple. You can put a source into a controller - and it will digitize that source, and be output through ANY controller. There then HAS to be a physical output from a controller that is available in the room(s) you want to listen to.

As mentioned above, you're missing the understanding of some of the concepts involved, and as I mentioned - if a user get a dealer involved, if a dealer, review the basic training.

Thanks Cyknight,

It was simple.  What I was missing is the the source has to be configured in the same room as the controller.

Unfortunately, there is too much lag for my application, computer video game to room speakers.

1 hour ago, C4Jockey said:

What I was missing is the the source has to be configured in the same room as the controller.

There's no such requirement in Control4...

You DO have to have the correct bindings.

As for audio to match up with video, that won't work. The process of digitizing the audio input and decoding the output causes too much delay.

Archived