C4 Forums | Control4

Turning off projector when playing music, room off turns it back on?

Jdizzle

Question

So I put in some programming to make the projector turn off when "the audio selection changes" (for instance listing to pandora) but when I turn the room off, it turns the projector back on. What am I missing in the programming? The projector has only toggle on/off if that helps. Epson Powerlite 8350

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, 9800pro said:

What's the connection, ir or serial?

If it's ir and it's toggle than it could happen that it thinks it's turning projector off but instead it power's it on.

Could be a issue with your programming regarding audio change.

Sent from my LG G2

It's IR toggle. 

The toggle ir is your issue. When you have the programming turn off the projector when audio source is selected. The next command will be power on since it is a toggle code. So when room is turned off its now going to send that command. Any way to get discrete codes? That would be the easiest fix.

No your problem is HOW you're turning off the projector. My guess is you're using the 'send code power off' command - that will mean the system does not know the projector is being turned off - what you need to use is the 'turn projector off' method (should be part of the standard option when selecting the projector). That way the system is aware the projector is being turned off - and knows not to try and shut it off again.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

No your problem is HOW you're turning off the projector. My guess is you're using the 'send code power off' command - that will mean the system does not know the projector is being turned off - what you need to use is the 'turn projector off' method (should be part of the standard option when selecting the projector). That way the system is aware the projector is being turned off - and knows not to try and shut it off again.

Actually that is EXACTLY what I am doing, and it still sends a toggle code when turning the room off.

43 minutes ago, Jdizzle said:

Actually that is EXACTLY what I am doing, and it still sends a toggle code when turning the room off.

Mhh - well being a projector, is there any programming under room off to trigger a 'projector off'. I've seen a lot of situations where dealers (or users) program a second set of 'off' commands to a projector due to how they have a habit of turning off (instead of changing/adapting a driver).

I'm also curious - if you select a audio source, then select a DIFFERENT audio source (not another streaming media, select something like a cable box under listen).

In addition - are you sure it's sending a code? It could be some wonky HDMI/CEC control thing.

Last but not least - I'll check, I think there should be discrete power commands for that projector out there.

Archived