C4 Forums | Control4

Using phones or tablets without 4sight

Deleted

Question

I really should know this but my brain is having a problem.

Please could someone tell me if I can still use phones and tablets (IOS or Android) locally on my C4 system if I do not have 4sight, I know I wouldn't have remote access control but can I have local control?

Many thanks.

8 answers to this question

It depends on your controller. It needs to be a licensed controller, which all of them have been for the last few years if it was newer. However; a lot of dealers still have inventory on non licensed controllers. I believe it is the same for the HC800, but I know the HC250 needs a model of BL1 at the end of it to designate it as licensed. 

HC300's or other older controllers, if you have an older version system still, require a Home license on your account. 

Just now, msgreenf said:

dont agree with that statement.  Most dealers are long out of them.

I guess it depend on where you live. On Kijiji I can show you 5 different dealers right now that have them up for sale, as do we. 

I think it depends on how large of a dealer you are. I was just talking from personal experience. I am sure this is something that is regional. Around here, it is a large issue with customers buying gear on Kijiji and Ebay locally and it not being licensed. 

Just now, badjesus said:

I guess it depend on where you live. On Kijiji I can show you 5 different dealers right now that have them up for sale, as do we. 

I think it depends on how large of a dealer you are. I was just talking from personal experience. I am sure this is something that is regional. Around here, it is a large issue with customers buying gear on Kijiji and Ebay locally and it not being licensed. 

I dont think most of that is new stock, i  know from personal experience in stock gear is near nil and ordered on a per-project basis.

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I dont think most of that is new stock, i  know from personal experience in stock gear is near nil and ordered on a per-project basis.

lol, dude. We have in stock old gear that are not BL1 and brand new.
Why are you disagreeing with what I have in inventory and have had conversations with other local dealers about? How is that something to argue? I wouldn't argue what you have in your inventory. lol That is like saying the sky isn't blue. 

Larger dealers are not always per-project. There are a lot of us that hold inventory regularly. Sometimes, people make bad buying decisions and sometimes when you have inventory and need to order excess for a home builder that backs out you eat the inventory. This is not rare around here. 

lol, dude. We have in stock old gear that are not BL1 and brand new.

Why are you disagreeing with what I have in inventory and have had conversations with other local dealers about? How is that something to argue? I wouldn't argue what you have in your inventory. lol That is like saying the sky isn't blue. 

Larger dealers are not always per-project. There are a lot of us that hold inventory regularly. Sometimes, people make bad buying decisions and sometimes when you have inventory and need to order excess for a home builder that backs out you eat the inventory. This is not rare around here. 

Ha. My dealer bought a stack of them before the price went up to use as secondary in systems.

Archived