Jump to content
c4forums | The Control4 Community

SR-260 Software Enhancements


jerrywolf

Recommended Posts

I really love the SR-260, but there are a few things that could make it even more fantastic:

- show room volume on remote display; I finally have some TV's audio going through the main matrix switch in the rack, and volume end points in ceiling or bookshelf speakers in those rooms. I like seeing a number, and with this great setup, there is no way to see room volume like you can with a regular tv to see it's volume. 

- ability to use custom hard buttons (. .. ...) in such a way rather than just a command. For example, bind custom 1 to toggle link master for a light switch so it doesn't have to turn all the way on or off in the case of a dimmer. Just an example of how this would be useful, but there's many more. 

- Be able to see the current playing media in a room (song info). I see why this wasn't possible on the SR-250 due to screen real estate, but the 260 has plenty of room. You can go into now playing and see this, so I don't see why it couldn't be on the main screen like on a touchscreen or other device. This would be so great and I would use it every single day a ton.

- color of screen. This one is kind of stupid but it bugs me how the color of the top menu bar is always white when I choose another color. At the very least, let us change them separately, or just have the custom color apply to the top too. It would look more consistent, which is nice. Right now all of my screen is white because of this haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


ability to use custom hard buttons (. .. ...) in such a way rather than just a command. For example, bind custom 1 to toggle link master for a light switch so it doesn't have to turn all the way on or off in the case of a dimmer. Just an example of how this would be useful, but there's many more.

You can do this with programming. I make lighting controls all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, jerrywolf said:

- show room volume on remote display; I finally have some TV's audio going through the main matrix switch in the rack, and volume end points in ceiling or bookshelf speakers in those rooms. I like seeing a number, and with this great setup, there is no way to see room volume like you can with a regular tv to see it's volume. 

- ability to use custom hard buttons (. .. ...) in such a way rather than just a command. For example, bind custom 1 to toggle link master for a light switch so it doesn't have to turn all the way on or off in the case of a dimmer. Just an example of how this would be useful, but there's many more. 

- Be able to see the current playing media in a room (song info). I see why this wasn't possible on the SR-250 due to screen real estate, but the 260 has plenty of room. You can go into now playing and see this, so I don't see why it couldn't be on the main screen like on a touchscreen or other device. This would be so great and I would use it every single day a ton.

- color of screen. This one is kind of stupid but it bugs me how the color of the top menu bar is always white when I choose another color. At the very least, let us change them separately, or just have the custom color apply to the top too. It would look more consistent, which is nice. Right now all of my screen is white because of this haha. 

1. YES PLEASE! but here is likely the why. The battery power required to constantly update information like that would like put more drain on the battery than c4 would like. This would be the same for #3

2. can be done already

3. read number 1

4 YES PLEASE!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On March 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM, funnyfarm299 said:

You can do this with programming. I make lighting controls all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

 

12 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

2. can be done already

 

How would you do this? Maybe I'm missing something, but the only way I know to program these buttons is to use programming under the room for when the command is received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

1. YES PLEASE! but here is likely the why. The battery power required to constantly update information like that would like put more drain on the battery than c4 would like. This would be the same for #3

 

You're probably right about the battery being the issue.  I'm sure they could figure something out, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jerrywolf said:

 

 

How would you do this? Maybe I'm missing something, but the only way I know to program these buttons is to use programming under the room for when the command is received.

You can't bind anything to the button but you can program anything against it (as you have described) and with good programming you can do pretty much anything...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...