C4 Forums | Control4

Hello all, while I am new to forums, I am experienced with integrating Control4 with many different platforms and uses.

I have setup a system with access control running with an Access Control database as well as weigand to serial modules into I/O Extenders. Also, the door locks are being controlled through HAI/Leviton OMNIPROii Security Panel and expanders with relay boards.The system is running very well, but as usual, not to an integrators complete standard. I have an issue with trying to get a clean three state driver or combination of drivers to provide status on the doors. States req. are; Door Sensor(Open/Closed), Lock Relay(Locked/Unlocked), and Overall Door Status(Secure/Not Secure).

I have found RyanE's Virtual Relay Driver on his site and with programming I can read state of Door Sensor and Door Lock Relay and with Conditionals Change the state of the third driver bound to virtual relay to show status of Door Lock as Locked or Unlocked. However, If client taps on the Door Lock on GUI it will toggle the state of that driver.

The Question....

Is there anyone out there that could build a virtual Contact Sensor driver similar to RyanE's Virtual Relay Driver or perhaps see the value in building a multi-proxy single Door or Lock driver that would allow monitoring of a contact, and relay state and give status as Open, Closed, and Secure?

Long winded I know, and Thank you all who have read through this and have any thoughts!

Drivers I have used and project attached for clarity.

virtual_relays.c4i

VINCELdUB Access Control Project.c4p

I have not been able to change the state of a sensor. See quote  

16 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

. I have an issue with trying to get a clean three state driver or combination of drivers to provide status on the doors. States req. are; Door Sensor(Open/Closed), Lock Relay(Locked/Unlocked), and Overall Door Status(Secure/Not Secure).

I have found RyanE's Virtual Relay Driver on his site and with programming I can read state of Door Sensor and Door Lock Relay and with Conditionals Change the state of the third driver bound to virtual relay to show status of Door Lock as Locked or Unlocked. However, If client taps on the Door Lock on GUI it will toggle the state of that driver.

I guess the main issue is not being able to prevent end user from changing the state of relay in above scenario. 

Thanks again for reading this. And your consideration. 

I have not been able to change the state of a sensor. See quote  

I guess the main issue is not being able to prevent end user from changing the state of relay in above scenario. 

Thanks again for reading this. And your consideration. 

If you hide the senors and never show them in any rooms a user has no way to change them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have only had luck changing the state of a relay with the virtual relay driver bound to it with programming. I cannot change the state of a sensor with programming. Or at least I have not learned how. This is where I am stuck. And the point of this thought was so that the client or end user can see the state of his doors at a glance using the sensors&prepay page on iOS or MyHomepc app. 

1 hour ago, VINCELdUB said:

I have only had luck changing the state of a relay with the virtual relay driver bound to it with programming. I cannot change the state of a sensor with programming. Or at least I have not learned how. This is where I am stuck. And the point of this thought was so that the client or end user can see the state of his doors at a glance using the sensors&prepay page on iOS or MyHomepc app. 

check out this driver - this might do what you want - https://www.houselogix.com/shop/generic-security-system

@Cyknight

good morning. Thank you for replying to this thread. I do have the omniproii driver and all is integrated perfectly. The reason for the question was because of a request by my customer to have a single point to see the status of a door. Open, Closed, and Secure. 

Looks like I will use one room for door control. And another room for door status. Perhaps with some conditionals I can have the virtual relay switch back to its correct state whenever the customer may tap on it by mistake. Giving him a clean lock icon on iOS app. 

Have a great morning. Almost lunchtime if you are back east?

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if i am following you correctly, but ill give it a shot.

If you dont care about it being pretty. You could create a second relay to open or close based on the state of a door contact. This will mean you will need an extra relay for each door.

if the door is closed then close the relay, if the door is closed and locks close a another relay. vice a versa for open.

then you could go to the relays and see all of them in one location. it will just show the doors as relays.

Hey all, thank you for the replies and ideas.

I have had no success making or having a driver with three status states for a door as described in OP. However, I have found quite a good alternative or second best option. I am happy to help with this or for a good explanation, please contact me or ask in this thread. Happy automating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An option I use is to use Matt's example but do all the displaying, control and feedback through the StartHere app where I can have a button where I change the icon on the button (red ball, blue ball or green ball is what I use for this sort of thing) based on the state of the relays... Gives a nice end user feel... The button can then also be used for control. I have loads (I want to say hundreds, but certainly tens) of these sort of things and use StartHere for all the control and feedback.

Only one problem, T3 and EA don't support StartHere, so I have kept two V2 Touchscreens just for this... Pet Hobbyhorse... C4 please bring StartHere into the T3s and EAs...

I like starthere and have used it in the past. However this job requires remote access at all times. The owner is never onsite and has employees responsible for doors being closed and secure. His only real option is the iOS app. Thanks for he input all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived