C4 Forums | Control4

Stupid question: BL? BL-1?

dutsnekcirf

Question

I promise I tried to use the site search feature to find the answer to this question.  But maybe it's just me, but the search feature is awful.

Here's my question.  What's the difference between the HC-250, HC-250-BL, and HC-250-BL-1?

From what I understand the BL implies something to do with licensing.  Is there such a thing as an HC-250 without the BL indicator or licensing?  if so, would an HC-250 be able to be a master controller in a project newer than 2.5.3?  I'm assuming the BL-1 is just a newer BL. 

I know this has been discussed before but I couldn't find the discussion on it.  Like I said, I used the search feature but it returned nothing.

15 answers to this question

Thanks everyone for all your responses.  I think I should be okay then.  I believe I have an existing separate license from before May 2013.  In my Control4 account online, in the Software section under My Licenses I have one titled: Software Upgrade from 7/12/2010 that never expires.  I also have iPhone and iPad Navigator licenses listed there.  Is the Software Upgrade license the one that is needed to be able to use an HC-250-BL?

29 minutes ago, dutsnekcirf said:

Software Upgrade from 7/12/2010 that never expires.  I also have iPhone and iPad Navigator licenses listed there.  Is the Software Upgrade license the one that is needed to be able to use an HC-250-BL

Mhh. The software license is for going to 2.0 using older controllers- you're fine there regardless.

HOWEVER the iphone/iPad licenses are OLDER licenses - if the number matches what you need, that's OK (I THINK, not 100%) - but it's also possible that your current controller ALSO has the MyHome Site license.

Personally, I'd 'shop' for an EA series controller at any rate ;)

Archived